• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which Dagenham are we playing?

Once upon a time, many seasons ago, there was a team called Leytonstone and another called Ilford. They married and became Leytonstone & Ilford.

There was another team called Walthamstow Avenue which then married Leytonstone & Ilford to become Redbridge Forest.

Redbridge Forest then married Dagenham to become Dagenham & Redbridge.

You should not, of course, get confused with Redbridge who used to be Ford United who were formed by the marriage of

Fords Sports (Dagenham) and Briggs Sports.

Redbridge play at Barkingside.

Now Dagenham & Redbridge play at the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium.

Barking married East Ham to become Barking & East Ham but later divorced East Ham to become Barking again.

God knows which team we are playing tomorrow!

Once upon a time, many seasons ago, there was a team called Leytonstone and another called Ilford. They married and became Leytonstone & Ilford.

There was another team called Walthamstow Avenue which then married Leytonstone & Ilford to become Redbridge Forest.

You should not, of course, get confused with Redbridge who used to be Ford United who were formed by the marriage of

Now Dagenham & Redbridge play at the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium.

Barking married East Ham to become Barking & East Ham but later divorced East Ham to become Barking again.

Doesn't change much...............we've still gotta beat the bas ****s!

Can't see either game this week going ahead.

Looked at the weather forecast and it really doesn't seem to be that bad in Daggenham, up to Tuesday night. I've seen a slight chance of showers (not that heavy). Assuming it goes ahead, I reckon this one is potentially more difficult than Friday night. Given our record against them this season and that their amazing recovery on Saturday will almost seem like a victory, I reckon this is going to be very tough. Fleetwood set the marker by winning there 0-1 a couple of weeks ago, so we really need to get something from the game, especially as the top three are now showing very good form (Fleetwood, after a couple of slip ups, have won four on the trot). We have seen a gap opening up with the top seven, we can't, even at this mid-stage of the season, let the top three break away, if we harbour hopes of an automatic place.
If it's to do with fan confidence, then there are no worries. I've just checked the prediction league on SZ and of the 21 posts so far submitted, just 21 are opting for a Southend victory! :stunned::smile:

You are Yorkshire Blue in disguise and I claim a pint of best Yorkshire Bitter as my prize ............

Hash tag: I'mnotgoingthroughthatagain

No YB questioned why we brought in O Neill when White was injured as we had Thompson/Auger.

The point I was making is if White is due to come back whats the point in that case of having O Neil. If White is fit he will play so O Neil would just be cover, which we have already anyway.

Its what make me think White is actually not due to return for a while yet.

The Daggers fan at work said he went on Saturday and they were awful for 65 minutes. Rhys Murphy was subbed off and they started to play better and Ogogo scored a worldy to get them back in the game.

He said they haven't played well for a while and thinks we could win comfortably tomorrow. I think we could however be still feeling the effects of a tough game on Saturday so think we might have to make do with a draw.

I do think we need at least 4 points from these 2 fixtures though and a win would help us stay in with the pack.

I would be happy with 7 out of 9 points against Chesterfield, Daggers and Newport...still stick to that

No YB questioned why we brought in O Neill when White was injured as we had Thompson/Auger.

The point I was making is if White is due to come back whats the point in that case of having O Neil. If White is fit he will play so O Neil would just be cover, which we have already anyway.

Its what make me think White is actually not due to return for a while yet.

You are now Blue79 and I claim my free pizza from Pizza Man (would prefer fish and chips really).

Has tag: Idon'tthinkWhitewillbebackforawhilebutO'Neillmightbe

Arrived in Dagenham this lunchtime!!
The sun has been out all day no sign of rain.
Looks promising regards getting the game played and hopefully three points

Just want to say "GOOD LUCK" to 9 Trust Members, and Chris Phillips, taking a long march to the match tomorrow on their sponsored "STAGGER TO THE DAGGERS"!

Leaving Roots Hall at 7 a.m. they're walking to the ground, planning to get all 28 miles under their belts in time for kick off. They'll be heading along the A127 before cutting through at Upminster to the A13, so give them a nice blast of your car horn if you see them!Fund raising is being shared 50/50 with the Stroke Unit at Southend Hospital, something probably a lot of us have had a connection with.

If anyone wants to support them, you can do so via this Just Giving link.....http://www.justgiving.com/staggertothedaggers

Arrived in Dagenham this lunchtime!!
The sun has been out all day no sign of rain.
Looks promising regards getting the game played and hopefully three points

Have I got it wrong? The game is tomorrow - still they might let you pitch your tent alongside one of the goals for tonight.:thumbsup:

Do I wear my lucky pants? They have seen me avoid a defeat for 9 games in the league but the magic of the cup didn't work with them. Do I ditch them for the game and if I do will we lose and it will then be the curse of the lucky pants.
Help:blush::omg:

Do I wear my lucky pants? They have seen me avoid a defeat for 9 games in the league but the magic of the cup didn't work with them. Do I ditch them for the game and if I do will we lose and it will then be the curse of the lucky pants.
Help:blush::omg:

Perhaps try washing them ..............:unsure:

We played the original Dagenham in the Cup c1970

Just want to say "GOOD LUCK" to 9 Trust Members, and Chris Phillips, taking a long march to the match tomorrow on their sponsored "STAGGER TO THE DAGGERS"!

Leaving Roots Hall at 7 a.m. they're walking to the ground, planning to get all 28 miles under their belts in time for kick off. They'll be heading along the A127 before cutting through at Upminster to the A13, so give them a nice blast of your car horn if you see them!Fund raising is being shared 50/50 with the Stroke Unit at Southend Hospital, something probably a lot of us have had a connection with.

If anyone wants to support them, you can do so via this Just Giving link.....http://www.justgiving.com/staggertothedaggers

I trust CP will keep us up to date with transfer news tweets along the way!

The Daggers fan at work said he went on Saturday and they were awful for 65 minutes. Rhys Murphy was subbed off and they started to play better and Ogogo scored a worldy to get them back in the game.

He said they haven't played well for a while and thinks we could win comfortably tomorrow. I think we could however be still feeling the effects of a tough game on Saturday so think we might have to make do with a draw.

I do think we need at least 4 points from these 2 fixtures though and a win would help us stay in with the pack.

It's some consolation and hope that they didn't exactly have an afternoon with their feet up! They had to deal with a similar heavy pitch, which looked far worse than ours in the second-half.

A mate is driving tonight, can anyone recommend anywhere to park

also for those of use going by train, recommendations of where to drink, and get food

thanks

Back