• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Me being cynical I can see the game starting and then abandoned to ensure tickets are not refunded. The pitch sounds bad after Saturday and the weather forecast is poor with loads of rain to come. Hoping for the match to be played out as driving down from North Wales and hoping to see the return of Lee Barnard.
Could be a bad week for us if we lose to a side on a good run in Dagenham, and a team still full of confidence after promotion, in Newport managed by a determined Justin Edinburgh. Having seen one of Southends worst performances at Newport I am not hopeful.
A losing run at this time of the season could be fatal for us with 4 or 5 strong teams ahead of us.

For the game to be abandoned, the referee (who is the only man who can abandon the game) must be involved in a conspiracy with Daggers to defraud. Do you really want to go there?

A mate is driving tonight, can anyone recommend anywhere to park

also for those of use going by train, recommendations of where to drink, and get food

thanks

Street parking is fine on the main road. There is a pub is just up the road called the eastbrook which has parking and providing you buy a few beers and ask behind the bar they let you leave your car there. There is also a great club house in the main stand which allows away fans in for a small fee.

Not sure about food but there are the usual chippies etc dotted around.

I would be happy with 7 out of 9 points against Chesterfield, Daggers and Newport...still stick to that

In my opinion we've already beaten the best of those 3.

9 from 9 is a must if we're serious about promotion.

With the amount of fans we take to Daggers, we can essentially make this a home game.

Any Chance of Barney being in the squad tonight or is he still a bit off match fitness?

Dagenham's home record is the same as ours. 24 points from 13 games (won 7 & drawn 3) with a goal difference of +9. So we shouldn't underestimate them, especially as they only won 2 away games in the league with one of them being against us.

Newport should be the easier game on paper. 16 points from 15 games (won 3 & drawn 7) away from home with a goal difference of -6.

So ... preferred line ups ?

Mine is
Bentley

Oniel (if fit) Thompson Prosser Coker

Atkinson Leonard Timlin

Hurst Barnard Straker

start Barnard and if it isnt working bring BBBC like we did with Woodrow against Pompy ... sounds the plan for me

Barney wont start - hasnt played since April IIRC and will be a case of giving him some cameo sub roles before he starts ... 30 mins in the next couple of games should help him massively. Nice option to have on the bench, thats for sure. No ONeill and with Whites injury looking like its going to take longer than first expected, i'd expect another defender to come in on Weds or Thurs.

^yep, though Phillips has done nothing wrong...if need a goal late on, Woodrow for Atkinson and go 4-4-2...if leading comfortably, Laird for Leonard, Woodrow for Straker and Payne for Hurst...

In my opinion we've already beaten the best of those 3.

9 from 9 is a must if we're serious about promotion.

With the amount of fans we take to Daggers, we can essentially make this a home game.

I understand your reasoning and agree that 9 would be nice, however you have to look at the fact we haven't beaten Daggers this season and they held Scunny at the weekend and their home record is pretty good, so at worse case for me a draw, I would hope we beat Newport on Friday although again this may be a another tough game as the players will be tired after the 3 games in 7 days so that's why I mentioned about being happy for the 7.......hopefully on Saturday morning we will have the whole 9 and you can have a go at me and I'll be happy to take the abuse :winking:

I understand your reasoning and agree that 9 would be nice, however you have to look at the fact we haven't beaten Daggers this season and they held Scunny at the weekend and their home record is pretty good, so at worse case for me a draw, I would hope we beat Newport on Friday although again this may be a another tough game as the players will be tired after the 3 games in 7 days so that's why I mentioned about being happy for the 7.......hopefully on Saturday morning we will have the whole 9 and you can have a go at me and I'll be happy to take the abuse :winking:

Very unlike you :smile:

Don't think O'Neill or White are fit so the back 4 will I assume be the same as Saturday. Elsewhere I think he may shuffle the pack again.

I think we may line up as follows:

Bentley​

Thompson Phillips Prosser Coker

Leonard Laird Timlin​

Atkinson Woodrow Barnard​

Subs: Smith, Auger, Straker, Clifford, Hurst, Eastwood, Corr,

Back 4 pretty much picks itself with O'Neill still out.

If he's fit for Friday I can see Thompson shuffling over to CB to give Phillips a rest as I'm not sure his legs are able to give 3 games in 6 days!

Definitely worried about the pitch tonight and also daggers themselves. They are really good going forward, their counter attacking pace is brilliant so we have to be really careful and not be cocky.

If we get three points out of this one it will be a very good result.

It's Raining Now! Really hope we don't get to game and it gets called off!!

Back