• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
Looking ahead to Tuesday and the state of our pitch and others in league two, and the up and coming weather, does anyone think the game is in danger, I'm thinking there is a strong possibility. Don't recall their pitch being that great in the past.

Daggers away

The cup exploits are over and its time for a really important game on tuesday night. Would you make changes after a grueling cup tie. Is this a must win game?
Personally I wouldnt change formation it seems to be working well. On the personnel front surely tiredness is a factor right now. Corr must be due a rest....one of the midfield trio maybe. Imo three points is a must.
My line up
Bentley
Thompson phillips prosser coker
Hurst Atkinson laird leonard straker
Woodrow

Looking ahead to Tuesday and the state of our pitch and others in league two, and the up and coming weather, does anyone think the game is in danger, I'm thinking there is a strong possibility. Don't recall their pitch being that great in the past.

There is every chance of it being called off. It looked in a right state from the Scunny draw highlights.

There is every chance of it being called off. It looked in a right state from the Scunny draw highlights.

Agree. Typical as I have booked half days holiday on Tuesday!

Although will give the lads a much needed break ahead of Friday night, if that is still playable!!

I think the next 2 games could be defining in our season. How well we bounce back from the defeat at the weekend and it must have hurt some of the players to come so close and you could tell by their body language at the end they gave everything.

Scunthorpe were 3-0 up with less than 30 minutes left away at Daggers yesterday and drew 3-3 in the end, so they will be on a high. Their home form is very impressive, 7 wins and 2 draws in the league so far.

Win here and against Newport will boost confidence and give us momentum to go on a decent run through February.

Scunthorpe play Fleetwood tomorrow night, draw would be best for us. Chesterfield, Rochdale, Burton and Oxford all play away on Tuesday too and play teams in the bottom half of the table so can't expect many points dropped there.

I'd have Clifford in midfield, think one or two might be rested from the starting line up. Would definitely expect Woodrow to start.

In serious doubt this game I think. More rain today - was almost called off yesterday at Daggers.

I'd be happy for it to be called off. Give our players more time too recover before Fridays games (and I can't make it Tuesday but would be able to for the rearranged game). Also Daggers are on a high after coming back from three down, so not a good time to be playing them IMO.

According to BBC weather it looks like mainly dry and windy tomorrow but could be the odd heavy shower and similar for Tuesday. If they have a pitch inspection I guess they might leave it quite late?

According to BBC weather it looks like mainly dry and windy tomorrow but could be the odd heavy shower and similar for Tuesday. If they have a pitch inspection I guess they might leave it quite late?

Absolutely. Whilst the dry weather for a day or so may well be beneficial I do not think it will be nearly enough to allow the pitch to cope with a heavy downpour close to the time of the game. Still, well done to the club for getting the game going on Saturday.

Given that the journey distance (and time) is not very far I think the club and officials will leave it as late as possible before considering a cancellation.

Last edited:
As for the team, well they played on Saturday just as Daggers did so both teams should be in the same position.

I would keep the same defence, possibly make a change in the midfield if there is any question of niggles or aching muscles and would consider starting with Fred up front. For me, he deserves more of a chance than Woodrow. And if we then have Corr and Barney on the bench, then there are plenty of options to change the way we are playing.

"Eastwood, Corr and now Barney too
Scoring the goals to win League Two"

True Blue get your drum out and write the music for that so 1,000 plus of us can give the ditty an airing on Tues night.

I'll even let you have 50% of the royalties.

Lennon and McCartney step aside.:smile:

UTB

Will O'Neill be back? If so then maybe rest MP or Luke if they have niggles.
In midfield same applies with any problems so use Bedsente, Clifford, Payne or Laird.
Up top with a heavy slow pitch then balls may go in early so if we are to play front men they need to hold it up so Barry is important and give him a proper knock down partner, Fred, CW or Barney: although I see Barney as more a sub/swap in position for Barry.
Good away stand at Daggers so really hope the game is on.

Shrimpers. Meet the Shrimpers.
We`re a great footballing family.
From the town of Southend,
They're a team right out of history.

Eastwood, Corr and now Barney too
Scoring the goals to win League Two"

When you're with the Shrimpers,
you'll have a yabba, dabba do time.
A dabba doo time.
You'll have a great old time.

UNITED, UNITED, UNITED.

Come up with this quickly,could be played around with, but would soud quite good with a bit of tweaking, and with no mention of Col U, could be added to.

Me being cynical I can see the game starting and then abandoned to ensure tickets are not refunded. The pitch sounds bad after Saturday and the weather forecast is poor with loads of rain to come. Hoping for the match to be played out as driving down from North Wales and hoping to see the return of Lee Barnard.
Could be a bad week for us if we lose to a side on a good run in Dagenham, and a team still full of confidence after promotion, in Newport managed by a determined Justin Edinburgh. Having seen one of Southends worst performances at Newport I am not hopeful.
A losing run at this time of the season could be fatal for us with 4 or 5 strong teams ahead of us.

Me being cynical I can see the game starting and then abandoned to ensure tickets are not refunded. The pitch sounds bad after Saturday and the weather forecast is poor with loads of rain to come. Hoping for the match to be played out as driving down from North Wales and hoping to see the return of Lee Barnard.
Could be a bad week for us if we lose to a side on a good run in Dagenham, and a team still full of confidence after promotion, in Newport managed by a determined Justin Edinburgh. Having seen one of Southends worst performances at Newport I am not hopeful.
A losing run at this time of the season could be fatal for us with 4 or 5 strong teams ahead of us.

This has cheered me up no end ready for Tuesday, thank you Spoons.

But otherwise, all is fine .........

Hash tag: Theendoftheworldisnigh

Back