• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chalky

Coach
I have just popped onto the Dagenham&Redbridge fans forum (Don't worry i showered afterwards) and some of their fans are pretty worried that we might cause trouble. To me this is very interesting as i have never seen us cause trouble (physically). I wasn't at the Daggers away game last year, but can anyone shed any light to suggest that we caused trouble there last year as to the answer of them worrying about us causing any trouble?

I wasnt going to cause any, but Im so outraged by that I might not be able to stop myself now. At the very least I wont lift the seat up when I go for a wee.

I was there last season, witnessed no trouble at all!

Saw one of our supporters rip his arm apart on the razor wire whilst trying to retrieve the ball though

This is worrying.

We may not be allowed to drink in their clubhouse:stunned::'(

I wasnt going to cause any, but Im so outraged by that I might not be able to stop myself now. At the very least I wont lift the seat up when I go for a wee.

Toilet seat? This is Dagenham we're talking about. The toilet seat is probably an empty crisp packet covering a hole in the ground :whistling:

There will be trouble when Barry Corr turns up to run wild on you

WHATCHA GONNA DOOOOO

I've never seen any trouble when we've visited the daggers. Nice little club / ground that have genuine supporters that make you most welcome.

There was a lot of the old faces that went to Daggers in 2011. Southend won 3-2, Ferdinand 2, Dickinson 1(Cherry pink voltage kit, Lol). There were threats and pushing from both sets of supporters at the segregation barrier in their West Stand, but they couldn't get at each other. That was it. A load of hot air, but no actual violence. After the match, fans mingled on their way out with no trouble, and we even got to speak with Kevin Maher in the car park, who was with them at the time but out injured. He just wanted to talk about Southend, as he still clearly loved the club.

Last edited:
I've never seen any trouble when we've visited the daggers. Nice little club / ground that have genuine supporters that make you most welcome.

Exactly this. Enjoy Daggers away, always felt welcome there, great view of the game and a quick journey home. Top away day.

I only remember some guy in a Pink top wearing glasses jumping on a car bonnet looked like he was on drugs or something but that was a few years ago and someone told me he had died :O not sure who he is think he was Calamity something from what the people in the pub said but apart from that always felt safe and as Juggler90 said a great view and quick drive home :)

I second that,proper football club with top fans,i'm hoping to have a beer in their very welcoming bar with them.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Never seen any trouble at Daggers, some verbals in the terrace on occasion but never anything worse.

As others have said there's never been any history between us. I like Daggers, they've always made us welcome and, to my mind, they are a well run football club with no pretensions to be anything other than what they are, within the scope of their gate numbers, a reasonably successful, reasonably ambitious club trying to play some good football. A proper footballer's/football fans club.

Wasnt there a thread on here last year about trouble before (or after) the game walking to/from the station- not in the stadium itself and a car(s) being vandalized?.

The only things that worried me last year was keeping my feet dry walking through the car park !

I was there last season, witnessed no trouble at all!

Saw one of our supporters rip his arm apart on the razor wire whilst trying to retrieve the ball though
Was that last visit? I had a feeling it was a couple back.

Not likely to be any trouble other than a bit of #bantz.

There'll be more trouble getting a burger (with onions) at half time. They have always been a very friendly club. No probs at all with their fans or stewards. Looking forward to it. Good view from away stand.

Dagenhams away end is one of the best in the league. Great food, and a bar underneath which is just for us away fans. Only slight bit of trouble was at the 3-2 win in 2011. Nothing to warrant a mention though. Bit of an edgy atmostphere last season maybe, but again nothing worthy of note.

I don't think the post was saying there will be trouble just a new daggers fan looking to bring his young boy asking what the atmosphere is like and is it suitable for young ones.

Your having a good season and we are in decent form since Xmas. We have not won 3 on the bounce since 2010 in the league and have won our last two, draw I think.

Back