• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Big game Saturday...Can we make it 14 unbeaten and our 12th win in the same period?

1,500 "officially" making the trip. But, it seems many more will be behind enemy lines. Let's hope they behave themselves...

As we know, there are NO TUBES running to Dagenham East. So please use alternative methods of transport. Please list any suggestions on this thread.

On to the game:

Our opponents Dagenham are on a terrible run of form. Just 2 wins in the last 16 games, of which 14 of those were defeats. They are without a win in 8, the last win being 2-1 v Crewe on Oct 1st. They have just ended a run of 7 straight defeats, with a draw at home to Blue Square Prem's bottom side, Bath City. In the F.A. Cup.

Only 3 teams have conceeded more goals than them and only 2 have scored less. Not a good mixture.

Their home (league) record reads: P9, W2, D1, L6, F9, A17. Teams to already pick up three points there are, AFC Wombles, Oxford, Morecambe, Plymouth, Aldershot & Shrewsbury.

Top scorer is John Nurse with 4.

Early team news suggests Daggers are in a complete mess. They have lots of injuries/suspensions and square pegs in round holes, could be the order of the day for them.

So, on paper. This should be a comfortable afternoon and 3 points for our boys and travelling army. But, football is not like that, is it?....

Your views on our line-up, score, any other thought's etc etc?....

Last edited:
Interested to find the best way to get to this game by train travelling from Basildon... Any help?

Well we couldn't pick a better time to play them but backs against the wall and a local derby anything can happen!

Getting pumped for this now. I am sure everyone will behave themselves.

Dagenham Dock on the C2C loop, is about 3 miles from the ground.

Barking Station on C2C, is about 5 miles from the ground.

Romford Station on Nat Express, is about 3 miles from the ground. The number 103 bus takes you there in 15 mins.

It will be quicker to walk from home!
Thanks mate. Any news on the ticketing front? Can we buy on the day?

You have to expect that Southend will wipe the floor with them, but of course, as we all know, football is not always as predictable as it seems. Seeing them in the JPT, they have to be one of the worst sides we've played this season, but I think that they had a few missing on that day, certainly Scannell didn't feature!!! Plus ca change plus ca meme chose I think the saying goes (and sorry, can't do accents on my keyboard), hope we see Kevin Maher play though, always like to see the Blues' faithful saluting one of our all time most dedicated players.

3-0 win for me.

Hi everybody this is my first post and hopefully it is a helpful one as I have been reading the zone for ages and supported Southend for over 50 years.

Here we go then. From my reading of the TFL site it appears that the district line is running upto 8:00 p.m. on Saturday evening and this is hopefuuly the way I will get to the match.

Hi everybody this is my first post and hopefully it is a helpful one as I have been reading the zone for ages and supported Southend for over 50 years.

Here we go then. From my reading of the TFL site it appears that the district line is running upto 8:00 p.m. on Saturday evening and this is hopefuuly the way I will get to the match.

We've done this mate! No underground on Saturday to Dagenham East. Welcome BTW.

Sorry mate. But there are NO tubes what so ever to Dagenham East station this Saturday. Please find alternate route. Such as Barking or Romford stations. Which both have a bus service to Dagenham I believe. Worst case, it will be less than a tenner in a cab.

OR jump on the TravelZone coach. Nice and easy.

Welcome, by the way! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
NO TUBES, NO TUBES. I'm coming from the West and TFL are telling me to go all the way to Barking and then get a bus, change 6 times and takes 2 hours from South London. Thought at least I'd be travelling in the opposite direction to the 1.5 thousand but oh no. These 'easy win' matches rarely turn out like that but.......I still think it will. 0-4

Interested to find the best way to get to this game by train travelling from Basildon... Any help?

Well we couldn't pick a better time to play them but backs against the wall and a local derby anything can happen!

Getting pumped for this now. I am sure everyone will behave themselves.

Basildon to Romford (via Upminster) will take you exactly half an hour on the train. The 103 which runs every 10 mins will probably take at least 20 mins. Probably your quickest bet, unless you want to try the tube replacement buses which I doubt will have factored a football match into their capacity planning.

Yes - on paper, it would seem that it will be a one-sided contest ......... but it won't be in reality, I suspect. Should be a fabulous crowd to motivate our players who will almost think they are at home .......... :smile:

A couple of points to make.

1) I thought that earlier in the week, the BBC was showing a massive weather front over London with heavy rain come the weekend - BBC weather site now showing sun for Saturday - so let's hope that holds as a boggy pitch/heavy rain would level out the contest in Daggers favour a bit.

2) If I were Sturrock I would consider dropping :'( Timlin (and Leonard - may have back injury?) in favour of a midfield of Hall, Sawyer, Kalala and Jesus. Madness perhaps ....... but also preparation for the possibility that Timlin may not be with us too much longer if Di Canio wants a large payment for the player ........ :sad:

NO TUBES, NO TUBES. I'm coming from the West and TFL are telling me to go all the way to Barking and then get a bus, change 6 times and takes 2 hours from South London. Thought at least I'd be travelling in the opposite direction to the 1.5 thousand but oh no. These 'easy win' matches rarely turn out like that but.......I still think it will. 0-4

Best price for 4-0 to Southend is 40/1 with Ladbrokes and Betfred. Considering Southend have won most games by 2 or more goals, maybe worth a small bet 2-0, 3-0 and 4-0. Gives those that are going an extra funk as well.

One of those games we should walk, but this is Southend. Reckon it'll be 0-2 but with late goals.

That's fine and not unexpected.

I'll be there in the home end then. Providing that doesn't sell out.

Yes - on paper, it would seem that it will be a one-sided contest ......... but it won't be in reality, I suspect. Should be a fabulous crowd to motivate our players who will almost think they are at home ...
A couple of points to make.

1) I thought that earlier in the week, the BBC was showing a massive weather front over London with heavy rain come the weekend - BBC weather site now showing sun for Saturday - so let's hope that holds as a boggy pitch/heavy rain would level out the contest in Daggers favour a bit.

2) If I were Sturrock I would consider dropping :'( Timlin (and Leonard - may have back injury?) in favour of a midfield of Hall, Sawyer, Kalala and Jesus. Madness perhaps ....... but also preparation for the possibility that Timlin may not be with us too much longer if Di Canio wants a large payment for the player ........ :sad:
I see no reason to drop our best midfield player before we realy have to. If Timlin goes back and Sawyer does come in he will be either good enough or he wont, i would rather find out later, than having Timlin sitting on the bench.

Back