• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Daggers v Southend

Is Chris being a real 'drama queen' this afternoon? We've already had Lennon, Ralph, (God! he's only been here five minutes!) and Yearwood down with injuries. I suppose Lennon is the most concerning as he had to be substituted.............add Ralph to that. Happily Yearwood appears to still be alive and kicking!

Remember that amazing goal from Collymore when he took the ball in the centre circle, spun from three players and burst through on goal before slotting it home!?

Well Humphrys just did the first part.

Then ****ted it ten yards wide.

No one was injured during the attack though.

Dog **** . We seriously need to up the ante and sign some players. We are depleted before the season even begins

This isn’t bad luck anymore. The management know the players, how weak and fragile they are. Should have signed a lot more players by now. I know it’s only preseason but we are playing teams one, two, three leagues lower and struggling to score and unable to keep a clean sheet.

That's been said in his past. A brilliant player, then fades badly. Going to take a very good manager to get a good 90 minutes out of him. He has the talent.
It seems to me that we had identified targets in other positions but we are just looking to get lucky and sign a trialist for the wide midfield position. I hope I'm wrong because it's crucial we improve in this area.

BRANDON Goodship’s first goal in Southend United colours saw the Shrimpers draw 1-1 at Dagenham & Redbridge this afternoon.

More...

Buckley-Ricketts when on loan at Oxford was substituted after only 16 minutes because Mark Warburton sensed he was not up for it.

BRANDON Goodship’s first goal in Southend United colours saw the Shrimpers draw 1-1 at Dagenham & Redbridge this afternoon.

More...
What an uninspiring afternoon that was.........backwards and sideways, Hutchinson about the liveliest, Ralph decent on the ball as was Milligan. No new talent that took ya breath away and porcelain Yearwood and Lennon both limped off. Was expecting a bit more than that for me money but only a friendly I spose, Bond out!

This isn’t bad luck anymore. The management know the players, how weak and fragile they are. Should have signed a lot more players by now. I know it’s only preseason but we are playing teams one, two, three leagues lower and struggling to score and unable to keep a clean sheet.
Hard to sign players with no money.

Why do you think we're linked with the likes of Blackman?

But with turner and kightley off the books that’s a fair bit of wages spare?

Not that easy.

Turner's money has probably been spent on signing Goodship.

Kightly hasn't official retired as far as I'm aware.

Has Kightley actually gone? I don’t recall seeing an official announcement but maybe I fell asleep.

Back