• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daggers

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
They got rid of there manager last night and some of the fans are suggesting that Still assisted by Kev are coming in
due to our financial situation.Still might be tempted but cant see our Kev going.However if it all goes pear shaped who knows

They got rid of there manager last night and some of the fans are suggesting that Still assisted by Kev are coming in
due to our financial situation.Still might be tempted but cant see our Kev going.However if it all goes pear shaped who knows

No chance that Kev goes there to play number 2 under anybody.

Still I could see being tempted back in some capacity, but not King Kev.

I am surprised at that, I thought they had a good manager, it’s won’t be long before he will find other managers job.

John Still would never be our manager ever again, if he comes it would be a similar role to what he has at yours. I understand Maher is not on our radar, will be a more ambitious appointment this time as yanks want the job done this time.

How’s it looking for this bringing loan for you guys? Hopefully gets sorted, good luck this week.
Rumours abound but word on the coach to Plainmoor this morning is that the money is in place. Will only believe that when there is official confirmation. Fingers crossed.....

Rumours abound but word on the coach to Plainmoor this morning is that the money is in place. Will only believe that when there is official confirmation. Fingers crossed.....
I can confirm the money is in place. I saw Ron brimming his Bentley full at BP and he even bought an overpriced forecourt sandwich

Last edited:
I think there will be a lot of clubs trying to secure the services of the 3 amigos this summer along with a lot of the players.

Unfortunately whatever the outcome is on Wednesday the damage has already been done now. The media coverage of our situation lately has been great, thanks to a lot of fans hard work in highlighting our grave situation, but it’s also a double edged sword in as much as what’s its also done is highlight our situation to pretty much the whole of the football community across the country and probably putting off any decent players wanting to join this club right now or in the near future.

Therefore I will be amazed if Kev and most of our top end players will be here come the start of next season. They aren’t going to be short of offers from EFL clubs and with the added guarantees of getting paid on time you can’t blame any of them for moving on one bit.

The team spirit Kev and his team have created at the club has been fantastic, especially given the conditions they are working under, but team spirit will only carry you so far, at the end of the day players and staff want security and want to get paid on time and Ron can’t promise them that.

Even if he did I can’t see too many of them believing him given his track record.

Ron trying to make light of the situation with the players at a recent meeting and telling them if any of them try and take legal action against him then they will lose will have also not helped in trying to convince any of them to stay after the season ends.

Absolute rubbish. Kev is going nowhere at this time. Kev loves this club, he did not love Daggers. He's on a mission. He's a very loyal person, even if things are terrible behind the scenes. People make up this rubbish, and then others see a reason as to why it might happen. He is not going to Daggers this season. You can gladly bump this and throw this in my face later if a miracle happens.

I am surprised at that, I thought they had a good manager, it’s won’t be long before he will find other managers job.
Terrible manager with a very decent budget, not once have we really troubled the play off positions in 3 years when the resources should have seen us comfortably competing. Could not set up a side to defend it was just all out attack, see some of the hidings we have taken this season, notably 5-1 away at Dorking.

I think there will be a lot of clubs trying to secure the services of the 3 amigos this summer along with a lot of the players.

Unfortunately whatever the outcome is on Wednesday the damage has already been done now. The media coverage of our situation lately has been great, thanks to a lot of fans hard work in highlighting our grave situation, but it’s also a double edged sword in as much as what’s its also done is highlight our situation to pretty much the whole of the football community across the country and probably putting off any decent players wanting to join this club right now or in the near future.

Therefore I will be amazed if Kev and most of our top end players will be here come the start of next season. They aren’t going to be short of offers from EFL clubs and with the added guarantees of getting paid on time you can’t blame any of them for moving on one bit.
I don't know if that's the case... if only part of the money is in place and we get another adjournment, even if only for a month, then you may well be right. But if ALL the money and more is in place - and please humour me here - then the problems that we have had immediately disappear, or at least in the short to medium term. None of us have any idea what the development deals are and when money is/will be released, etc. etc., but I don't hold with the view that we will be in the same boat in a month or two because a) we will have some money - it is inconceivable that we wouldn't have applied for enough to see us through a foreseeable period of time, and b) we will have some future income re the stadium/development deals, details of which we don't know, which will be on top of all other club revenue.

So the primary source of problem will be gone, everyone will be paid, the new stadium will be built... this is very quickly going to turn into a "Nothing to see here" scenario. The main objection will then be a personal issue with Ron as Chairman, which is completely different to running the club badly. And I do believe Ron is guilty of not being able to pay rather than simply not wanting to pay, unlike some other club chairmen and business owners in general who take great delight in objecting to everything and paying eventually... usually on the court steps.

Plus, don't underestimate the great work Stanley is doing building bridges (previously burned ones) with other clubs and check out what he says about Brentford. They have been very accommodating and keen to assist.

Without an embargo, there will be LOADS of players that will still be willing to join, don't worry about that. As for the ones we have... well, some will move on eventually. But a lot of them are here for us, the brilliant fans who have doubled down on support during the worst time in this clubs history. I believe (hope) that Kev and his team will only move on when their job is done here, If they split, I expect Kev to remain until he feels he can take the team no further.

I am honestly and seriously quite optimistic about the future.

Last edited:
I don't know if that's the case... if only part of the money is in place and we get another adjournment, even if only for a month, then you may well be right. But if ALL the money and more is in place - and please humour me here - then the problems that we have had immediately disappear, or at least in the short to medium term. None of us have any idea what the development deals are and when money is/will be released, etc. etc., but I don't hold with the view that we will be in the same boat in a month or two because a) we will have some money - it is inconceivable that we wouldn't have applied for enough to see us through a foreseeable period of time, and b) we will have some future income re the stadium/development deals, details of which we don't know, which will be on top of all other club revenue.

So the primary source of problem will be gone, everyone will be paid, the new stadium will be built... this is very quickly going to turn into a "Nothing to see here" scenario. The main objection will then be a personal issue with Ron as Chairman, which is completely different to running the club badly. And I do believe Ron is guilty of not being able to pay rather than simply not wanting to pay, like some other club chairmen and business owners in general who take great delight in objecting to everything and paying eventually... usually on the court steps.

Plus, don't underestimate the great work Stanley is doing building bridges (previously burned ones) with other clubs and check out what he says about Brentford. They have been very accommodating and keen to assist.

Without an embargo, there will be LOADS of players that will still be willing to join, don't worry about that. As for the ones we have... well, some will move on eventually. But a lot of them are here for us, the brilliant fans who have doubled down on support during the worst time in this clubs history. I believe (hope) that Kev and his team will only move on when their job is done here, If they split, I expect Kev to remain until he feels he can take the team no further.

I am honestly and seriously quite optimistic about the future.
You think borrowing £5 million with very high interest rates to pay off an existing debt in the hope that funds will soon be released from a development that we don’t have planning consent for will mean the end of our problems? 🤦‍♂️

£2 million to HMRC
Half a million on interest rates for the loan
Outstanding players and staff wages, plus enough for wages for the next few months.
Outstanding suppliers
Legal and planning fees.
Plus any new debt owed to HMRC since this historic debt

Yes we probably would have signed quite a few players if it wasn’t for the embargo but the problem we now have is that players aren’t getting paid. They have generally been paid every month until now so that’s going to have an impact on players wanting to join us now.

Kev loves the club, that’s clear to see, but if you’re telling me he won’t leave if an EFL come looking, who will double his wages, will pay him on time and he won’t be restricted by transfer embargo’s then you’re crazy.

I wouldn’t hold it against him either if he decided to leave.

If Ron has some how managed to blag someone into lending him the £5 million and you think that will now be the end of all our problems and everything will now be rosy then let’s have this conversation again come the start of pre season and see where we are then.

Back