• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daggers

You think borrowing £5 million with very high interest rates to pay off an existing debt in the hope that funds will soon be released from a development that we don’t have planning consent for will mean the end of our problems? 🤦‍♂️

£2 million to HMRC
Half a million on interest rates for the loan
Outstanding players and staff wages, plus enough for wages for the next few months.
Outstanding suppliers
Legal and planning fees.
Plus any new debt owed to HMRC since this historic debt

Yes we probably would have signed quite a few players if it wasn’t for the embargo but the problem we now have is that players aren’t getting paid. They have generally been paid every month until now so that’s going to have an impact on players wanting to join us now.

Kev loves the club, that’s clear to see, but if you’re telling me he won’t leave if an EFL come looking, who will double his wages, will pay him on time and he won’t be restricted by transfer embargo’s then you’re crazy.

I wouldn’t hold it against him either if he decided to leave.

If Ron has some how managed to blag someone into lending him the £5 million and you think that will now be the end of all our problems and everything will now be rosy then let’s have this conversation again come the start of pre season and see where we are then.

We already have a large squad - I doubt we'd have been signing very many, unless we would've shipped some out

You think borrowing £5 million with very high interest rates to pay off an existing debt in the hope that funds will soon be released from a development that we don’t have planning consent for will mean the end of our problems? 🤦‍♂️

£2 million to HMRC
Half a million on interest rates for the loan
Outstanding players and staff wages, plus enough for wages for the next few months.
Outstanding suppliers
Legal and planning fees.
Plus any new debt owed to HMRC since this historic debt

Yes we probably would have signed quite a few players if it wasn’t for the embargo but the problem we now have is that players aren’t getting paid. They have generally been paid every month until now so that’s going to have an impact on players wanting to join us now.

Kev loves the club, that’s clear to see, but if you’re telling me he won’t leave if an EFL come looking, who will double his wages, will pay him on time and he won’t be restricted by transfer embargo’s then you’re crazy.

I wouldn’t hold it against him either if he decided to leave.

If Ron has some how managed to blag someone into lending him the £5 million and you think that will now be the end of all our problems and everything will now be rosy then let’s have this conversation again come the start of pre season and see where we are then.
Exactly and 100% spot on 👏🙏🏐⭐

Notts County 1 Daggers 2. You can't make it up.

Red card for a Notts player after the whistle. Wrexham's title to lose now.

Notts County 1 Daggers 2. You can't make it up.
I would like to see the stats. A Notts County fan twittered that County had about 30 shots to 3. And 2 dead cert penalties turned down. Said it was the Alamo. One of those miracle games where they break away and score twice. He did praise Daggers for blocking loads of shots by throwing their body in the way.

I would like to see the stats. A Notts County fan twittered that County had about 30 shots to 3. And 2 dead cert penalties turned down. Said it was the Alamo. One of those miracle games where they break away and score twice. He did praise Daggers for blocking loads of shots by throwing their body in the way.
The only thing in Notts favour is they only have 1 Tuesday game left. Wrexham have 3 left. Playing twice a week can take it's toll. So probably more twist and turns yet, but definitely advantage Wrexham for now.

Stats.png

Karma for their fans chanting “going bust in the morning” on Tuesday.
Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of fans. Really hope Wrexham win the league after the support they’ve given us, & NC lose the playoffs, ideally to us. Now that would be karma..

I think there will be a lot of clubs trying to secure the services of the 3 amigos this summer along with a lot of the players.

Unfortunately whatever the outcome is on Wednesday the damage has already been done now. The media coverage of our situation lately has been great, thanks to a lot of fans hard work in highlighting our grave situation, but it’s also a double edged sword in as much as what’s its also done is highlight our situation to pretty much the whole of the football community across the country and probably putting off any decent players wanting to join this club right now or in the near future.

Therefore I will be amazed if Kev and most of our top end players will be here come the start of next season. They aren’t going to be short of offers from EFL clubs and with the added guarantees of getting paid on time you can’t blame any of them for moving on one bit.

The team spirit Kev and his team have created at the club has been fantastic, especially given the conditions they are working under, but team spirit will only carry you so far, at the end of the day players and staff want security and want to get paid on time and Ron can’t promise them that.

Even if he did I can’t see too many of them believing him given his track record.

Ron trying to make light of the situation with the players at a recent meeting and telling them if any of them try and take legal action against him then they will lose will have also not helped in trying to convince any of them to stay after the season ends.
A wonderfully negative post and entirely consistent if I may so :-) I think it entirely under estimates Kev’s attachment to the club in particular.

A wonderfully negative post and entirely consistent if I may so :-) I think it entirely under estimates Kev’s attachment to the club in particular.
Could say the same about yourself and a few of the other happy clapper melts on here who thinks everything is going to be just fine and dandy under Uncle Ron and won’t have a negative thing to say about our situation at all.

I’m not denying Kev’s affection and affiliation to the club one bit, everyone can see what this club means to him. However you wouldn’t blame the guy one bit if he left in the summer to go to a bigger club from a higher league who can double his current wage. Plus he wouldn’t have to deal with all the day to day problems he faces here.

Players and managers want to play or manage at the highest level and sometimes you have to say yes to certain jobs as those opportunities may not come around again. I’m sure Kev has much higher aspirations than managing at the National League, no matter how much he loves the club.

There will be plenty of EFL clubs after Kev, Darren and Mark this summer but as usual you carry on believing everything will be fine in Ron world 👍

Last edited:
Back