• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

leeblue

Members⭐
So one defeat in seven....looking to get closer to the top 3, any thoughts on squad members not up to two games in three days....lenny looked off it today and Barry Corr are the two that may be changed..or just keep a wining 11 together...patch em up and send em out.
I would be tempted to bring Timlin back and maybe rest Corr.

Play your under 5's they would easily beat us, we are awful and vanarama beckons. Hope your caravans are warm enough this time of year.

Would love to see Clifford start, can't get my head around the fact he's been completely dropped

I would pick lenny, Timlin, Hurst, Payne and worral ahead of him without hesatation....Atkinson has twice the work rate. ....I have seen Clifford many many times and in my opinion has had a few decent games....outweighed by mainly poor ones

Play your under 5's they would easily beat us, we are awful and vanarama beckons. Hope your caravans are warm enough this time of year.

Interesting post seeing as we have quite a poor record against D&R (that's based on my memory not on any statistical analysis). Most professionals won't struggle with two games in a row unless they pick up a niggle. We might not see Hurst but we have other options and we may need to use subs to keep up the tempo over 90+ minutes.

I must have a look at the weather forecast as well. Should be a good crowd /attendance as well. :thumbsup:

I would pick lenny, Timlin, Hurst, Payne and worral ahead of him without hesatation....Atkinson has twice the work rate. ....I have seen Clifford many many times and in my opinion has had a few decent games....outweighed by mainly poor ones

Hurst, Payne and Worrall are all completely different players that play in different positions. Would like to see Lenny and Clifford in the middle together.

I suppose it all depends on how they are feeling tomorrow. Hurst hobbled off, so he would probably be the most likeliest to be replaced. Timlin must be favourite to come back in

Wouldn't surprise me if we make 3 change for Dagger game to keep everyone fresh, players like Hurst will be on the bench if he still have knock from Cambridge game. We do have a good record Vs Daggers apart from last year!! I be amazed if we don't get anything from tomorrow!!

Wouldn't surprise me if we make 3 change for Dagger game to keep everyone fresh, players like Hurst will be on the bench if he still have knock from Cambridge game. We do have a good record Vs Daggers apart from last year!! I be amazed if we don't get anything from tomorrow!!

Yes, I expect there will be some changes tomorrow, wouldn't surprise me to say Coulthirst start in place of Corr, possibly Timlin in place of Lenny and Weston for Hurst.

Will it be a bumper crowd I reckon 6,800 400 daggers
be more than 7,000 for this game, east stand is not far from being a sell out and west stand is selling much better than normall, I'm going for 7,997 and 520 from daggers:smile:

Interesting thought that players would, or should, struggle with playing two games in three days.

We are continually being told that players today are the fittest they have ever been and that they should now be regarded as atheletes, I know the pace of the game is now far quicker than in the past but we also have larger squads and substitutions now which go a long way to counteracting the stresses of the modern game.
Having said that I would love to see the modern players and managers reaction to a fixture list I recently saw for the First Division (today's Prem League) for the Xmas period in the 1949/50 season; there was a full League programme for 24th, 26th and 27th December, three games in four days.
If that was even suggested today the whining would be deafening........:smile:

Interesting thought that players would, or should, struggle with playing two games in three days.

We are continually being told that players today are the fittest they have ever been and that they should now be regarded as atheletes, I know the pace of the game is now far quicker than in the past but we also have larger squads and substitutions now which go a long way to counteracting the stresses of the modern game.
Having said that I would love to see the modern players and managers reaction to a fixture list I recently saw for the First Division (today's Prem League) for the Xmas period in the 1949/50 season; there was a full League programme for 24th, 26th and 27th December, three games in four days.
Back in the late 60s early 70s we had a team that could play 3 games in 4 days and still get results .

We are continually being told that players today are the fittest they have ever been and that they should now be regarded as atheletes, I know the pace of the game is now far quicker than in the past .but we also have larger squads and substitutions now which go a long way to counteracting the stresses of the modern game

So its interesting players cant play 2 games in a row, but they should because we have bigger squads now?

Isnt that the point of having those squads?:smile:

Interestingly, Villa won the league in the 80's only playing 14 players all season!

Id expect Timlin to get a game tomorrow, Im hoping Weston doesnt but he may come in at some point.

Williams will hopefully get some time, but I think Corr may still start at least.

Looking at the online seat booker, probably just under 6,000 home tickets sold so far. So with on the day walk ups and depending on how many Daggers fans, then we could get a 7,000+ crowd

Looking at the online seat booker, probably just under 6,000 home tickets sold so far. So with on the day walk ups and depending on how many Daggers fans, then we could get a 7,000+ crowd
I still think more closer to 8,000 given the sales in East stand and west stand, most I've seen us sell online for a long while, even East stand black seats are going fast as most others in East stand are sold out:smile:

Back