• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daily Telegraph Fantasy Cricket

The Big Shrimp

Zone Photographer
Does anybody on here have a team or are likely to have one in their competition?

I have a team already & wondered about setting up a mini-league. I think that there are trophies for each league providing you get over 15 players in your league. Below is the link to enter. If there is enough interest, medal or not, I will set up the league & put the link on here.

http://fantasycricket.telegraph.co.uk/CleverTV/en/telegraph/tfc2008/3/clienthome.do

I've made a team but am not paying £6 to enter. Shame.

My team:

Denly
Pettini
Bopara
Hildreth
Chanderpaul

Rashid

Foster

Onions
Harris (Glamorgan)
Kirby
Edwards (Fidel)

Who is this Denly? Its not a name that springs to mind!

Joe Denly plays for Kent and is a bright young prospect. My team would be banking on some youths starring this year. Kirby is an absolute must at only 4 points, and Onions is cheap for 5. Dont plump for any Somerset bowlers, but the batsmen will score bucketloads playing at Taunton, as it's a batting paradise.

After some research, Denly scored 902 runs averaging 41 last season in the County Championship.

Last edited:
Kirby sounds familiar for some reason & was one I thought of but can't think why!!

My provisional side is:

Di Venuto
Langer
Gallian
Bopara
Hussey

Flintoff

Batty

Bresnan
N Doshi
Mushtaq
S Jones (Worc)

I've taken a couple of gambles with Jones, Flintoff & Gallian, but I think I've chosen well. I lost my first team & can't think who I've left out! I might opt for Kirby (England youngster - I remembered!) I did think of going for Rikki Clarke, now he's Derby's captain, as an all-rounder.

What do you reckon on my team?

Kirby sounds familiar for some reason & was one I thought of but can't think why!!

My provisional side is:

Di Venuto
Langer
Gallian
Bopara
Hussey

Flintoff

Batty

Bresnan
N Doshi
Mushtaq
S Jones (Worc)

I've taken a couple of gambles with Jones, Flintoff & Gallian, but I think I've chosen well. I lost my first team & can't think who I've left out! I might opt for Kirby (England youngster - I remembered!) I did think of going for Rikki Clarke, now he's Derby's captain, as an all-rounder.

The batting will score big, except maybe Gallian who is a gamble. I nearly went for Simon Jones too but, like Flintoff, there's no guarentee he'll play a lot.

Rikki Clarke is a good shout - I think he'll relish the role of captain and perform quite well. Kirby ripped Essex apart at Southend last season, the ginger fiery one, whose aggressive bowling stuffed us. Bresnan looked quite good, only 4 or 5 points isn't he? Not sure on Mushtaq, another who is a gamble.

I think it looks a strong side though. I'm sure MtS, Yorkshire Blue etc can evaluate more.

Jones (Geraint) the Keeper was another thought, although having Batty as an opening bat did twist my arm a bit!! With the extra points I could bring some better players in!!

Mushtaq a gamble? Why?

Jones (Geraint) the Keeper was another thought, although having Batty as an opening bat did twist my arm a bit!! With the extra points I could bring some better players in!!

Mushtaq a gamble? Why?

Not sure he's the same player as he used to be. Still, we'll see.

My provisional side is:

Di Venuto
Langer
Gallian
Bopara
Hussey

Flintoff

Batty

Bresnan
N Doshi
Mushtaq
S Jones (Worc)

I think your main trouble will be injuries. In fantasy cricket I wouldn't touch Flintoff nor Simon Jones with a barge pole. If either of them actually get fit and take wickets, England will whip them away from Lancs and Worcs. Both will be wrapped in cotton wool anyway - I'd recommend going for someone who will play every game instead.

Where did Doshi end up? I don't think he'll be a first choice wherever it is.

Bopara is a no-brainer as he counts as a batsman, despite probably being Essex's first change bowler! The three Aussies should all score heavily. Mushtaq is another automatic selection, much like Ramps and Hick were a season or two ago.

Kirby isn't that young, but he's a fiery quick bowler.

If you want a cheap darkhorse bowler, look at either Finn at Middlesex (very tall, decent pace, should play for England as long as he doesn't fall foul of injuries) or Harrison at Glamorgan. Harrison was injured all last season IIRC, but before that was a dependable bowler for them.

Joe Denly plays for Kent and is a bright young prospect. My team would be banking on some youths starring this year. Kirby is an absolute must at only 4 points, and Onions is cheap for 5. Dont plump for any Somerset bowlers, but the batsmen will score bucketloads playing at Taunton, as it's a batting paradise.

After some research, Denly scored 902 runs averaging 41 last season in the County Championship.

My tactics are usually to go for 2nd division players, and pick batsmen from the best batting grounds and the bowlers from the best bowling grounds eg last year Hildreth at Somerset, Lewis at Gloucestershire.

My tactics are usually to go for 2nd division players, and pick batsmen from the best batting grounds and the bowlers from the best bowling grounds eg last year Hildreth at Somerset, Lewis at Gloucestershire.

Yep, every team needs a Somerset batsman.

Back