• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

According to Chris Phillips under 21 coach Dale Brooks has left the club before the U 21's were defeated last night to Exeter 6-0. He only joined the club two months ago... Wonder what was up ??

Southend United's under 21 coach Dale Brooks leaves the club

SOUTHEND United’s under 21 coach Dale Brooks has left the club just two months into the job, Echosport understands.

More...

Another club offering more? Not what he thought the job would be? Not up to the job? the permutations are endless it seems. Puts a load on Phil and co without a first team coach as well. Anyone know more?

Heard rumours from an agent friend of mine he took a pay cut to come here and so to make up the lost income her offered to do a spot of cleaning at Rons. First session was this morning so not sure what could have gone wrong.

Another club offering more? Not what he thought the job would be? Not up to the job? the permutations are endless it seems. Puts a load on Phil and co without a first team coach as well. Anyone know more?
Wonder if Horton's arrival has anything to do with this ?

Ok, on the face of it nothing untoward, but we still quite lightweight on numbers on the backroom staff. Maybe Horton will broaden his role?

Read in the fantastic production that is AAS that Kevin Maher had applied for the role and although he didn't get it he has been helping coach the youngsters once a week. He'd be a good appointment I think.

P.S the interview with Maher is well worth a read in the latest AAS

Give it to Kevin Maher, it would be great to have him back full-time.

Does he have to have specific qualifications to coach at that level? I know he is doing coaching badges, but can he do it before he qualifies?...I agree with you, by the way.

Does he have to have specific qualifications to coach at that level? I know he is doing coaching badges, but can he do it before he qualifies?...I agree with you, by the way.

He seemed to be chief cone putter-outer when I saw him at Chelmsford earlier this season !

He seemed to be chief cone putter-outer when I saw him at Chelmsford earlier this season !

Someone's got to do it I guess. I always smile when I see the legions of dads on a Saturday morning pouring into Tommy Moores school carrying portable goals, footballs, cones, posts etc. I always had to make do with coats down over the park at that age.

I think he is a bit wasted there tbh, Hawkesy has done a great job but he was managing Heybridge Social in the pope and smith sunday league 4 yrs ago, not sure he utilises everything a bigger club has to offer.

Back