• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Damian Scannell out for the season

I think this might keep Sanko in the team, pushing him out to right back and Simon on the wing...seems to dodgey for words though! Although Sanko did really well last night, and wasn't at fault for anything!

UTB

Unfortunately, it would seem totally in line with the continual kicks in the teeth we are suffering this season. Sadly, listening to the commentary last night, I feared that it may be a serious injury. Wish him well, as soon as possible.

Thought Scannell has done well in recent weeks, much improved player this season. It'd put O'Keefe in for him and keeping the team the same as last night (Apart from Adam for Sankofa). Laurent needs to earn his place back in the squad for me. Looked poor recently, but that could have been due to his injury?

Needs match fitness as well so best to bring on Laurent for the last 20 minutes or so

FFS when will it end . This is a real shame

Laurent - the problem is which Laurent will turn up ? The superstar who beats defenders for fun, or the waste of space ?

Okeefe- ok he is tidy and doesn't loose the ball, but if we are looking for a replacement for scannel how many times did he cross the ball yesterday, pass more then 10 yards, beat anyone ?

I'm not saying he is bad, I know he is 'one of ours' and it heresey to say anything not positive, but he doesn't (yet) offer us the same things as scannell does or Laurent does sometimes. Still if the game plan is O'keefe gives it to Francis to cross then fair enough

Well with all the luck we have had going our way this season i suppose we had to have some bad news at some stage 'sigh'. I blame Geof King, don't know why, i just do.

The other option is to shift Moussa over to the right and either bring Malone in at left mid or left back and push Herd forward. I'd love to see the Laurent from earlier in the season re-appear, fingers crossed he will.

Bit of a disaster for the team and Scannell. Just hope he bounces back from this and recaptures the form he is showing now.

Not good news. For Saturday think I'd prefer O'Keefe and leave the rest as it is. Even if Laurent was fit I wouldn't play him , he's been abject for a while.

I wouldn't even bring Barrett back , although Sankofa didn't have a lot to do he should stay in , did nothing wrong.

Bum.

If we go like for like we will have to put up with hoping Laurent shows his worth rather than gives it the Gallic shrug. Otherwise, I guess Tilly will go for the earlier season option of Grant wide with JFC and the Irish bloke. Be interesting to see the results with those 3 plus Franck Moussa as the midfield from the days of late summer/autumn, and how many points we picked up with that quartet.

Good job this wasn't a question on your muggy little quiz program you were on. You would have been incorrect!

EastStandBlue you are absolutely the biggest shirtlifter going on this site.

triggered by a 'no need' comment from the boy.

Last edited:
:(:(

Just hope Grant isnt played on the right like he has done before as we need him in the middle. Would like to see O Keefe get a couple of games.

Terrible news.

Scannell's energy has been a key factor in our three game unbeaten run and we don't have a natural replacement, particularly if Laurent comes back in.

I was actually very impressed with O'Keefe last night... He was very tidy, picking the right pass and weighting it perfectly to bring Francis into the attack further up the pitch. He also moves the ball around pretty quickly for a youngster and he looked fairly comfortable.

Whether or not he can replicate that against stronger opposition remains to be seen, but he's certainly worth a try. The worst thing we could do right now would be to move Grant onto the wing.

What a blow that is.

He has been excellent recently, and is making a late challenge for player of the year. Devestating blow for him as well what with his contract up in the summer.

Who would have thought that Scannell being injured would be such a big blow a year ago? He really has come on leaps and bounds and having a run in the side, on the right hand side, has helped him no end.

I was actually very impressed with O'Keefe last night... He was very tidy, picking the right pass and weighting it perfectly to bring Francis into the attack further up the pitch. He also moves the ball around pretty quickly for a youngster and he looked fairly comfortable.

Whether or not he can replicate that against stronger opposition remains to be seen, but he's certainly worth a try. The worst thing we could do right now would be to move Grant onto the wing.

This was my initial reaction, but I'm not so sure if you play Grant on the right hand side of a diamond playing as wide (or rather as narrow) as Moussa did last night. You then get your width down the right from Francis getting forward, with Christophe covering him when he gets forward. You then get McCormack to play at the tip of the diamond so that he gets ahead of the ball when we're in possession and presses high on the pitch when we're not, which is playing to his strengths. That basically gives you a central midfield of Moussa and Grant (which is what I've been after for ages) anyway.

I'm not normally one for fancy formations, but think this would definitely be worth considering. I think we've played these 4 together before - was that even our midfield when we went on a good run?

Terrible news, seems like hes been doing well of late! Out of interest, was he able to walk off?
thanks

Back