• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Damian Scannell out for the season

Terrible news, seems like hes been doing well of late! Out of interest, was he able to walk off?
thanks

He hobbled off and went around the pitch only with the physio's assistance.

He was even applauded as he passed the South Stand. Whilst it's no new experience for him to hear cheers as he exits the pitch, this time they were cheering him rather than his substitution.

He hobbled off and went around the pitch only with the physio's assistance.

He was even applauded as he passed the South Stand. Whilst it's no new experience for him to hear cheers as he exits the pitch, this time they were cheering him rather than his substitution.
Oh ok thanks for that, everyone loves an injured player...

This was my initial reaction, but I'm not so sure if you play Grant on the right hand side of a diamond playing as wide (or rather as narrow) as Moussa did last night. You then get your width down the right from Francis getting forward, with Christophe covering him when he gets forward. You then get McCormack to play at the tip of the diamond so that he gets ahead of the ball when we're in possession and presses high on the pitch when we're not, which is playing to his strengths. That basically gives you a central midfield of Moussa and Grant (which is what I've been after for ages) anyway.

I'm not normally one for fancy formations, but think this would definitely be worth considering. I think we've played these 4 together before - was that even our midfield when we went on a good run?

I wouldn't worry/burden the midfield with anything that requires the least bit of intelligence at the moment, I think it's imperative we keep it simple especially away from home.

Depending on how fit he is and how he performs in training, I'd be more tempted to just replace Scannell with O'Keefe in a similar role to Moussa, as he seems to be very quick in moving the ball on but doesn't have the abundancy of pace to operate as a natural winger.

I was impressed with O'Keefe. Had a good first touch, kept things simple but also made 2 or 3 good runs into the box. If we dont give him a run how will we know if hes good enough? The only other options are the lazy greedy Laurent or Christophe who hasnt really been much cop. I think it would be a huge boost for the lads confidence if he were given a start on saturday and away from home his more defensive approach could be useful.

I was impressed with O'Keefe. Had a good first touch, kept things simple but also made 2 or 3 good runs into the box. If we dont give him a run how will we know if hes good enough? The only other options are the lazy greedy Laurent or Christophe who hasnt really been much cop. I think it would be a huge boost for the lads confidence if he were given a start on saturday and away from home his more defensive approach could be useful.

Agreed, we definitely need someone who can make simple passes and can create us a few chances.

I would bring in o'keefe. JFC gives the ball away all the time and laurent can't be bothered. Franno doing fine at right back and Grant is superb in centre mid - so wouldn't mess with that.

I might be tempted to play okeefe in centre mid and push Macca to the right - he played well there a couple of years back when maher and bailey were in the middle - and lets face it, hasn't been brilliant in the middle recently.

Back