• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Damian Scannell out for the season

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Season Over

SCANNELL'S SEASON OVER
Posted on: Wed 24 Mar 2010

Winger Damian Scannell's season is over after it was confirmed that he has broken his fifth metatarsal today.

Scannell limped off in the 64th minute of last nights 3-0 win against Walsall at Roots Hall.

And now the 24-year-old faces 6-8 weeks on the sidelines meaning he is unlikely to return before the end of the season.

"Damian won't require surgery," physio John Stannard told southendunited.co.uk today.

"It's not displaced and will heal on its own given time but unfortunately it looks like he won't play again this season.

"The doctor has put him in a walking boot and it's a case of him now just waiting for his body to repair."

The news will come as a huge blow to manager Steve Tilson who last night praised Scannell as his most consistent performer in recent weeks.

Meanwhile, Frenchman Francis Laurent is set for an injection into his pelvis tomorrow to help him overcome his hip problem.

Scannell out for rest of the Season

On Official site now!!

Just when he was showing what he can do!!

Would be good to bring someone in but still have embargo on....bugger!!

Is he out of contract in the summer?

With Laurent injured does not leave us much other than O Keefe I guess who I have only seen a little of but he looks pretty tidy. Guess you could push Francis forward and slot Sankofa into right back.

Is he out of contract in the summer?

With Laurent injured does not leave us much other than O Keefe I guess who I have only seen a little of but he looks pretty tidy. Guess you could push Francis forward and slot Sankofa into right back.

Yes he is, so we end up with a player out for 8 weeks and there player doesn't even get booked.

Was a very cynical challenge, Scannell was through on goal. And now his season over, very unfortunate.
We have looked a better team witrhout Laurent who is lazy and produces very little. I would like to see O Keefe as I thought he did well last night and kept possession well.
My guess is that Grant will move right side and Jeff will come into the middle which is wrong as Grant is our best centre mid and Jeff has been toilet all season.

That is the worst news I have heard for ages. I'm so sorry for him - he has been outstanding in the last couple of months, and has proved himself beyond measure.

Just as he found his place in the team as well. Thats really disappointing.

Been one of our better players recently.

I never thought id say this but losing Scannell for the season is terrible news

Really bad news, he was playing well recently. This is where the problem of having an embargo kicks in as there is a lack of cover. When we had our good run from February to May last sesaon our midfield consisted of Moussa/Macca/JFC/Grant so those four can play well together. O'Keefe is an option to as is switching Francis to right midfield, so hopefully it won't affect us too badly. However, more injuries/suspensions which are likley to occur will pose even greater problems due to the embargo.

Back