• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Damian Scannell

Jay_Shrimper

Mummy's Little Soldier
Waste of space. Get rid of him.

Did f*ck all today and is as slow as a tank.

Why betsy didn't start is beyond me.

Useless.

A bit harsh was probably our best player today if anyone is a waste of space it has to be the Moose,totally out of the game again,why Tilly carries on with him I dont Know.

Maybe I was a tad harsh, but he needs to lose some weight (to become quicker) and learn how to cross the ball, not try and beat 50 men and leave us exposed at the back.

Come to think of it, the whole team had a pretty bad shocker, especially macca, but Scannell stands out as the main culprit, for me.

Useless.

Were you watching Sean Scannell for Palace or something because you were certainly not at the game today. Scannell was without a doubt the best player on the pitch today and I was shocked when Tilly subbed him off. Some excellent crosses, some great play and some amazing skill.

Yes he needs to shed some weight but he is getting better and better as the weeks go on!

Useless.

Think thats very harsh, Scannell worked his nuts off for an hour and yes he did tire but thats why Betsy came on

Can't please some people on here, 6 weeks ago most of you were saying that Scannell should be starting 'he deserves a chance' and Betsy was 'doing nothing'

Betsy frustrates me when he never takes on his man and puts the ball in the box, Scannell is still relatively young and in the last 4 games I dont think he's done anything wrong

He needs more time but he's getting better. I'm pretty happy with him in the side, but we need to buy some wingers for next season...

Scannell is getting better and better the more he plays. He is also giving all he's got for the team, yes he chooses the wrong option quite a bit, but is still young and will learn. Give him a chance and more encouragement I say.

Were you watching Sean Scannell for Palace or something because you were certainly not at the game today. Scannell was without a doubt the best player on the pitch today and I was shocked when Tilly subbed him off. Some excellent crosses, some great play and some amazing skill.

Yes he needs to shed some weight but he is getting better and better as the weeks go on!

I agree. Until recently I thought he was a liability that fell over once he got to the ball. Not now though, something seems to have clicked and he was one of our better players today.

His best game yet, but still didn't look threatening. Clearout in the summer I hope, we need some wingers that can dribble at players and cross the ball, Moussa is the best example of this but he's not even a winger.

Dervite was easily MOTM today, won everything.

Think thats very harsh, Scannell worked his nuts off for an hour and yes he did tire but thats why Betsy came on

Can't please some people on here, 6 weeks ago most of you were saying that Scannell should be starting 'he deserves a chance' and Betsy was 'doing nothing'

Betsy frustrates me when he never takes on his man and puts the ball in the box, Scannell is still relatively young and in the last 4 games I dont think he's done anything wrong
Betsy all day long for me.

He needs more time but he's getting better. I'm pretty happy with him in the side, but we need to buy some wingers for next season...
Yes we do, and ones that can produce a bit of magic when it is needed.

Agree with you fred, MOTM for me was Dervitte.

Scannell is getting better and better with each game. Some people are so quick to jump on player's back when they do one thing wrong. One of the people in front of me would shout at Scannell if he didn't take on 5 players and score! I thought Grant should have been MoTM.

i thought today he seemed to always pick the wrong option. Shot when he should have crossed, tried to beat his man when he should have layed off...etc

Scannell is getting better and better with each game. Some people are so quick to jump on player's back when they do one thing wrong. One of the people in front of me would shout at Scannell if he didn't take on 5 players and score! I thought Grant should have been MoTM.

There is no doubting Scannell's commitment and willingness to do well, but he clearly lacks confidence / belief in his ability to be a real threat. When it's instinctive and doesn't have the time to think about what to do he looks ok, but the more time he has on the ball it the less effective he seems.
He has had a decent run of games now, but the way we line up now we need more from our only winger in the side and I don't think he's giving us enough.

i thought today he seemed to always pick the wrong option. Shot when he should have crossed, tried to beat his man when he should have layed off...etc

That's the way I saw it, which equates to "poor" imo, so while the original post may be a tad harsh I do kind of understand the reasoning. He never looks a team player to me, doesn't ever look to see where others are and can't cross. Cannot understand his 2nd MotM in the space of only a few weeks, fwiw I actually thought Moussa had a good game today. With Grant and Macca both effectively being put on choke chains by their bookings, it was left to Mousse to do much of the business.

His best game yet, but still didn't look threatening. Clearout in the summer I hope, we need some wingers that can dribble at players and cross the ball, Moussa is the best example of this but he's not even a winger.

Dervite was easily MOTM today, won everything.

If that is so we are in trouble! One swallow a summer doth not make!

I am sorry am I missing something from those who say he put in some good crosses! My recollection is that he did not put in a cross until mid way through the second half and then got subbed. That equals 1 cross per match! Don't think anythink came from Moussa either. Betsy has the most assists for us why is he not starting and Scammel is?

Thank you confused!!

OBL disagree totally - Mooosse was a non-participant today. He'll come good for sure; just not today though.

OBL disagree totally - Mooosse was a non-participant today. He'll come good for sure; just not today though.

I find this incredibly ironic. I'm normally one of those that gives Moussa quite a hard time, but for me today he was pretty good.

Back