• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Damian Scannell

Another loss tonight, :( against the scum. But surely Scannell's performance has changed some of your guys minds? Personally i thought he played absolutely quality constantly giving problems to the colchester defence, making runs etc. Discuss guys. i reckon he should start every game. Sorry if it's a bit of a lame thread

i do not rate scannell but i will be the first to admite he was our best player tonight. that being said there werent a lot of competition tbh. however his tracking back is shocking. left franno on his own time after time. still think his concerntration is his biggest problem.

Really well played. Confident and determined running and didn't let the pitch effect his play.

Scannell has shown on a few occasions that he is a class act, sadly it's only been in spits and spats, tonight for me he was a class act for 90 minutes, he needs and deserves to start every game for a while, let's see him develope before our eyes, as long as he doesn't let it go to his head. Nice one.

One swallow does not make a summer but he was superb tonight. Shame he does not have that killer instinct with his passes and shots but fair play im not a fan but he was good.

I hope he carrys it on come Saturday.

Yep for all my criticism if him at the Millwall game he was the total opposite tonight. Our best player over the 90 I reckon...

Well done lad, keep it up!

Scannell played with fire in his belly. A passion to run at players and beat them. He looked good. If he had a blade of grass to run on tonight he would have been a world beater. He should be in the World XI beach football team I think! He showed some guts and determination. Acted like a bit of a **** when he was pushing Col U players and kicked a ball at their left back but I like that he showed he wanted to be out there. More of the same please Scannell.

Scannell played with fire in his belly. A passion to run at players and beat them. He looked good. If he had a blade of grass to run on tonight he would have been a world beater. He should be in the World XI beach football team I think! He showed some guts and determination. Acted like a bit of a **** when he was pushing Col U players and kicked a ball at their left back but I like that he showed he wanted to be out there. More of the same please Scannell.

:D

totally agree S4E

Trouble with Scannell is he'll do that and then next game he'll either get injured or be dire - there is no consistency from him. I thought several of them had good games, but there was no cohesiveness and just a complete lack of understanding at times.

By far the most effective player on the pitch - maybe being given a start his preferred position fired him up. Now that we have seen it, if I was manager I would expect that fire and commitment every week now or he would be on his way.

While on that subject of being on their way, how much longer do we put up with Laurent? Last night summed him up perfectly and it took the summariser less than 30Mins to work him out - "has the ability, but always makes the wrong decision".

Perhaps it's just as simple as him being on the right side of the pitch, both literally & for him. Most of the abuse levelled at him this season has been when he's on the left. But will Tilly give him a run in the team in that position. I doubt it.

Trouble with Scannell is he'll do that and then next game he'll either get injured or be dire - there is no consistency from him. I thought several of them had good games, but there was no cohesiveness and just a complete lack of understanding at times.
I didnt think we played to bad at all, on a decent surface we might well have come away with all three points, imo of course.

There were some positives from last night and Scannell was certainly one of them. I have heard the improvement over the previous weeks as many of his doubters started to crumble...............last night I saw the improvement. He produced one of the memorable pieces of footballing skill of the evening, when he worked his way down the right and provided a perfect pass for Paterson. Although it was a good save by the goalkeeper, I know I shouldn't say it but...................Barney would have burried it!
I was disappointed, if only for the fact that the move merited a goal.
So, from being a ridiculed substitute to one of the first names on the team sheet (at least, that's my opinion) after a few weeks...............that's not bad progress! WELL DONE TO THE LAD!......................................keep it up!!!

Back