• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Csboy

Manager
At the time we feared it might be costly but now it looks like the diference between the autos and the play offs will be the points that we would have got at the Aldersh*t abandoned game.

Don't know who I hate more the Football league for having such crazy rules for abandoned games or a tin pot club like Aldersh*t who couldnt sort out their floodlights.

At the time we feared it might be costly but now it looks like the diference between the autos and the play offs will be the points that we would have got at the Aldersh*t abandoned game.

Don't know who I hate more the Football league for having such crazy rules for abandoned games or a tin pot club like Aldersh*t who couldnt sort out their floodlights.

What about conceding 2-0 leads against Northampton & Plymouth or the last minute goal by Accrington, more damaging I'd say. Remember Aldershot could well have equalised.

More like damn out inability to defend in the last few minutes against Plymouth twice, dropping 4 points.

What about conceding 2-0 leads against Northampton & Plymouth or the last minute goal by Accrington, more damaging I'd say. Remember Aldershot could well have equalised.
It was particularly annoying that they were down to ten men at the time. Although Crawley couldn't beat us with eight. And how important THAT result might prove to be....

You're dead right, canvey.

Yes, sure, we probably dipped out on three points because of the lights but there were enough other occasions through the season where we lost points through our own mistakes and other occasions where we got the luck, and points, that we probably shouldn't have that the game on Boxing Day shouldn't have made a difference. Over the course of a season the League table doesn't lie and we are where we should be. If we get the three points next week and Creepy and Torquay don't then we will, rightly finish third and go up because we'll have kept our nerve and put the results together at the right time to deserve it.

If you'd given me the chance of going into the last game of the season in this position three weeks ago I'd have taken it.

Plus there have been plenty of games where you wondered how we won we played so poorly. Second half vs Gillingham away we were awful for example. You could also look at games like Barnet away when Mcleod spooned an early penalty then Mohsnis goal got disallowed then reallowed, as being lucky for us. Point is, these things happen. Weve still hit 80 points which is fantastic, plus I would say on the injury front weve done pretty well. The likes of Clohessy, Phillips, Timlin, Grant, Hall and Mohsni have been fit and available for most of the games this season, other teams have not been so fortunate.

There are so many instances of late winners and losers that you cant put our position down to one game. W
However the aldershot is the one that does stand out, they may have equalised, but eventhat would put us in the automatics. Then again with the butterfly effect who knows what would have happened. We could have set Aldershot off in a losing streak and they may not have taken the points off of our rivals that they did.

It is what it is, we have the points we have after 45 games. No point dwelling on points that were dropped in individual matches, every team can do that.

More like damn out inability to defend in the last few minutes against Plymouth twice, dropping 4 points.

So if we'd held on at Home Park the FL would've awarded us 5 points ??

Feck me that would've made up for the Aldersh!t fiasco

:tumbleweed:

Its all swings and roundabouts. If we had defended vs Plymouth we would have + 2 points, but there are numerous games we have scored late goals too, where if the other team had defended we wouldnt be where we are now either.

Its all swings and roundabouts. If we had defended vs Plymouth we would have + 2 points, but there are numerous games we have scored late goals too, where if the other team had defended we wouldnt be where we are now either.

Exactly .. and as mentioned ^^^ if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

You can't compare conceding late goals, or luck on the pitch with the Floodlights. Every team concedes late goals, and scores late goals (Gillingham at home?), gets injuries, or doesn't get injuries. Over the course of a season, teams win games they shouldn't, lose games that they should win.

The floodlights at Aldershot were totally out of our control, nothing to do with football, the players or any body associated with SUFC. What happened was unfair, and robbed us of 3 points, which was sanctioned by the stupid football league rules, and could be the difference between promotion or not.

What goes around comes around quite often in life! I just have this little niggly feeling that a moment of history could be created against Macclesfield and I ain't gonna stop dreaming until Alison Moyet starts singing on the Roots Hall pitch :high five:

What goes around comes around quite often in life! I just have this little niggly feeling that a moment of history could be created against Macclesfield and I ain't gonna stop dreaming until Alison Moyet starts singing on the Roots Hall pitch :high five:

Have you seen her recently? shes rather slim now

Back