• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimpled

Director⭐
Have heard that West Ham have enquired about Daniel Bentley's availability. Normally reliable source who works on the football side of things at Sky.

Have heard that West Ham have enquired about Daniel Bentley's availability. Normally reliable source who works on the football side of things at Sky.

Personal opinion obviously, but they can **** off if it's true.

Would take £2m+, a guaranteed friendly over the next two seasons (Two full crowds brings in £££'s), two decent loanees and them loaning him back to us for this season.

Just been asked by my wife's cousin a season ticket holder at WHU, what's he like because they are after him, told him he was rubbish:winking:

Bye then DB and thanks. Guess the next press release will be PB is after Carson or Hart soon followed by a moan that the press ruined his chance of signing either of them. Then we will trial umpteen keepers but none of them will be deemed capable of performing at our level over 46+ games.

I bet the offer from WH will be derisory and if he does go it will not be for anything near what the fans think it should be. Oh the good days just keep on coming.

He'd be mad to go there and sit on the bench. It'll stunt his development. He's a huge prospect but still learning and the only way he'll learn is through regular first team football. He needs to stay put for at least another season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok say we get 2 mil for him , your never see the money spent on the team straight in uncle Ron s pocket

He'd be mad to go there and sit on the bench. It'll stunt his development. He's a huge prospect but still learning and the only way he'll learn is through regular first team football. He needs to stay put for at least another season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can apply that statement to most 'promising' young English talent though.

Big Sam and Phil Brown are obviously very close friends - I'm sure Sam would know exactly what DB is all about. Personally I'd be very surprised - timing is very weird given WHU are in New Zeland right now too..

Ok say we get 2 mil for him , your never see the money spent on the team straight in uncle Ron s pocket

We will never get 2 million, and even if we got a fair chunk there are few players you could spend your money on to get them to come to League Two anyway.

We'd get nowhere near the £2m mentioned above. Maybe £500-750k with a few clauses such as sell on, first team debut, International appearance etc. Doubt they'd send him back on loan to us without the ability to recall him if required - which would mean emergency loans only as I don't think you recall players on 6 month and 12 month loan deals.

I think DB is a pretty clued up lad, I doubt he would want to go and not even sit on WHU bench! Henderson was a decent keeper and he only played twice in 2/3 years. Whilst I think Dan is a top talent, he's not ready to challenge Jussi or Adrian yet. If a sizeable offer came in £2million plus (plus add ons!) and he was loaned back to us for 1/2 seasons then I wouldn't begrudge the powers that be from saying yes. Should we go up this season (inevitable obviously) then his reputation should be enhanced and an even bigger fee could be possible.

Big Sam and Phil Brown are obviously very close friends - I'm sure Sam would know exactly what DB is all about. Personally I'd be very surprised - timing is very weird given WHU are in New Zeland right now too..
Complete speculation based on nothing but perhaps PB has said to SA that he needs a better transfer budget. Why not buy Bentley now and loan him back for a season and get him for a good price, as his value will go up when we win the league?

I think DB is a pretty clued up lad, I doubt he would want to go and not even sit on WHU bench! Henderson was a decent keeper and he only played twice in 2/3 years. Whilst I think Dan is a top talent, he's not ready to challenge Jussi or Adrian yet. If a sizeable offer came in £2million plus (plus add ons!) and he was loaned back to us for 1/2 seasons then I wouldn't begrudge the powers that be from saying yes. Should we go up this season (inevitable obviously) then his reputation should be enhanced and an even bigger fee could be possible.

I year left on his contract vs 2 years left on his contract so any fee is likely to reduce next year. I think when RM gave him the 3 year deal last year it was always thought if he had a good season he'd sell him this year.

It's on the West Ham website apparently and the thoughts are that he would be loaned back for a season as Jasker what's his name will retire next season and Dan would then be their No 2.

Same story with any young english talent...

Eg - Wilfried Zaha. The Championships hottest prospect and he's English. Plays week in week out for Palace scoring and assisting them to promotion. Manchester United come in for him, buy him and don't play him. Six months later he is loaned out to Cardiff, so by now has left his home in London to move to Manchester and now to Wales to play in a relegation threatened side where even there he didn't start many games! To now being told by LVG he has no future at United... What a waste of a year for the young lad in what is an important stage of his development and he isn't playing and therefore we won't see him progress.

Take the German side, Julian Draxler of Shalke. Yet another German Attacking Midfielder wanted by Arsenal. Reports of massive money being rejected and they keep the player, playing him every week and he develops and featured in the world cup.

DB will go to West Ham, Sit on the bench, be loaned out up north somewhere Eg Barnsley, and not play a lot of football or enjoy it and he won't reach his potential. It's shocking and that for me is where it goes wrong for young english players. I think DB isn't stupid and he knows that staying at SUFC is the best thing to do for both him, his family and the club

If he were to go he won't be loaned back to us, would most probably be a team in league 1 as that's a step up, maybe champ year after that and then they will see of he's ready to play 1st team footy for them......

All ifs and buts at the moment though.....

Back