• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

united we stand

Life President⭐
I got the below email from a friend yesterday , thought it might be of interest . Made me smile and it acts a reminder that our players have 'normal' lives as well. Rightly or wrongly I cant see a premiership starlet doing this

My brothers team (Sky Athletic) won 2-0 v Eversley Sports (who Dan's dad plays center back for)

It was in Division 3 of the Southend Borough Combination Veterans League

Basically Eversley had a couple of people who came off with injuries, so the linesman came on as sub, therefore they needed someone to take over running of the line so Daniel Bentley did it. WE wound him up saying it was a bit of a come down from playing saturday. He gave a couple of dodgy offsides so there was a bit of banter between him and us on the line but all in good spirits.

His dad limped off with about five mins to go as well lol.

To be fair, he has run the line a few times this season. Though whilst we normally get to ref a few ex pros on the vets, having one run the line to us is a first.

Got the replay though!! At 0-2 down I'm not surprised. I wouldn't mind betting that a few posters on here would have supported PB if he was in the same position. I agree with you, by the way.

Back