• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cockle43

Manager⭐
(Was) Back home on the North Bank now back in W.
Just seen that Dan Bentley has picked up the Trust POTY and the Junior Blues POTY. :thumbsup:

Firstly, congratulations to Dan, he's had a pretty remarkable first season as the established number 1 and I think he'll go a lot further. :Worthy:

The question is can he go further with us and avoid the dreaded curse of the recent POTY recipients by still being here next season.:unsure:

The curse was broken by both Mark Phillips and Chris Barker in recent years. Well done to Dan though, close between him and Lenny I would have thought.

Can't believe Leonard has not won this.

Can there be a "player of the year voted by fans that aren't voting for someone that came through the youth team" award?

Leonard came 2nd didnt he ?

Its all down to personal opinion and Bentley has had a massive amount of clean sheets so has done well.

I do however think with Keepers they get all the accolades when the team in front of them is doing well then get slaughtered when the team struggles. Wasn't that long ago we had threads about Bentley being dropped and Smith being given a chance.

Bentley is maybe a bit more popular with the fans and the kids. Leonard was winning the official award vote last time I looked. Let's hope both of them stay!

Bentley deserves it, we would not have the same defensive record without him. He will go further in football than anyone else in the squad now, he never has a bad game.

When we go up keeping hold of him will be a massive bonus.

Bentley deserves it, we would not have the same defensive record without him. He will go further in football than anyone else in the squad now, he never has a bad game.

When we go up keeping hold of him will be a massive bonus.

I love this, ultimate confidence.

With respect to Leonard, I do think his performances and impact have tailed off a little in the last month or two, which is probably just the effects of his first full season, and in midfield, whereas Bentley is still performing to a high level.

My vote would have been Coker but that isn't taking anything away from Bentley who has been superb. Hope we get another couple of seasons from him, he is destined for greater things

Can't believe Leonard has not won this.

Can there be a "player of the year voted by fans that aren't voting for someone that came through the youth team" award?

Spot on! Local lad done good! No disrespect to Bentley but his mistakes has cost us quite a few points this season.

Spot on! Local lad done good! No disrespect to Bentley but his mistakes has cost us quite a few points this season.

and our strikers missing lots of goals haven't cost us ?

A keeper is on a loser with every mistake he makes. Sometimes with better defenders the opposition don't even get the chances.

and our strikers missing lots of goals haven't cost us ?

A keeper is on a loser with every mistake he makes. Sometimes with better defenders the opposition don't even get the chances.

We're not talking about a striker picking up an award, here are we. And no one would blame a keeper for letting in a goal from bad defending in front of him. That's not the point. The point is he has made some 'bloopers' which has cost us. To my mind picking up an award like this means 'outstanding', and he has, IMO only been very good!!

We're not talking about a striker picking up an award, here are we. And no one would blame a keeper for letting in a goal from bad defending in front of him. That's not the point. The point is he has made some 'bloopers' which has cost us. To my mind picking up an award like this means 'outstanding', and he has, IMO only been very good!!

It's all about opinions bloke.

"Local lad done good"? Who are you talking about here, Dan or Ryan??? Dan is the local lad, Ryan is from Devon! However, I do agree, he was my tip to win. For those disagreeing with this vote, make sure you get your votes in for Ryan in the club's one to be announced on Saturday!

He has saved us many many more points than his us lost though..

Has Ryan Leonard been 'outstanding'? No

If we had any outstanding players in midfield or up top this season we'd be going up automatic. Scoring goals has been the problem this year not conceding them.

He has saved us many many more points than his us lost though..

Has Ryan Leonard been 'outstanding'? No

If we had any outstanding players in midfield or up top this season we'd be going up automatic. Scoring goals has been the problem this year not conceding them.

Really? I think he's been bloody brilliant, and I know I'm not alone!

Has Ryan Leonard been 'outstanding'?

Yes.

Scoring goals has been the problem this year not conceding them.

So maybe a bit of credit to the defensive midfielder who sat in front of the defence to stop us conceding goals (whilst still chipping in with 7 goals himself)?

Really? I think he's been bloody brilliant, and I know I'm not alone!

You certainly are not alone. I know I'm probably biased but I totally agree with you and so does PB apparently as he's chosen Lenny as HIS player of the year.

All opinion. I don't doubt Leonard's ability and he's my strong second but past couple of months he hasn't been the player we saw earlier in the season. Bentley consistent throughout that's why he gets my vote.

Not a lot between them but I found Bentley's diving more palatable than Leonard's so that swung it for me.

Back