• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Listening to PB being interviewed after the game and I think it's a given that Bentley will be gone soon. However we must remember we are a selling club and it might be all bluff and double bluff at the moment. We haven't had a player who could make the club decent money since Eastwood so I pray we get this one right.

Doesn't it make you proud to see one of our players being talked about for a change. Always watching some tin pot team being paid big money for a half decent player. Hope the offer and times right for the young lad. Needs to be a big team though or he should stay with us for another season to prove he's as good as we think.

Yep, I thought that strange. He hasnt done that before to my knowledge.

I thought it was in response to the big response he was getting and giving to the Blue Voice all match "mum is a MILF" etc, looked spontaneous to me. Agree it was a great display, not just the saves but how he is now bossing the defence. Also thought Lenny looked a real captain today, lots of encouragement and organising. If we play lke this and the way we did against Millwall, mmm who knows, Hull may not fancy next Saturday, whereas we........:)

He will have learnt from not accepting the 100k for Mohsni... Just saying

That was when Mohsni had a year left on his contract while Bentley signed a 3 year deal in the summer. Mohsni also wanted to move up the leagues while Bentley is at a club he wants to be. Hardly comparable.

That was when Mohsni had a year left on his contract while Bentley signed a 3 year deal in the summer. Mohsni also wanted to move up the leagues while Bentley is at a club he wants to be. Hardly comparable.

I hope young Daniel hasn't got a liking for train journeys or dressing up in a Thriller costume. The less like Mohsni he is the better (yes I know that's not what you meant)

Bentley is a good keeper but he's not better than Butland, for goodness sake.

If Bentley goes and smith makes a return we can kiss promotion goodbye !!!!

Throws his gloves in the crowd and it means he's leaving?

This place sometimes..

Bentley is a good keeper but he's not better than Butland, for goodness sake.

Thankyou! I thought it was ME that was going mad!

That's not to say Bentley isn't an excellent prospect though, he's been fantastic this season and will end up playing a lot higher than L2. Hopefully his first step up will be with us.....

He will not be leaving in this window. Can't remember when, but he has given his gloves away before, he has around 20 pairs a season to get through !

Quality keeper - yes, but his immediate future is here till at least the summer.

Can we stop the need for scaremongering.

That said, as someone else said, at last we have players that are being scouted from above, we are a selling team, yet sadly we've not really had any decent to flog recently - by that I mean, a mean a player that could raise a massive amount for a club like us. Bentley affords us this. I would say you would be looking at between 750 - 1mill cash plus loads of add ons related to performances, cups , caps etc !

Bentley always seems level headed. Why would he want to go somewhere now and sit on the bench? He is not ready for first team at a championship or prem club yet and he could feasibly be a L1 keeper in four
Months maybe with a medal under his belt.

Bentley always seems level headed. Why would he want to go somewhere now and sit on the bench? He is not ready for first team at a championship or prem club yet and he could feasibly be a L1 keeper in four
Months maybe with a medal under his belt.

Absolutely. Id expect him to stay if we go up. And be sold if we don't.

Ron should not let go for less than £1.5m. Butland had a tremendous game yesterday having seen the highlights and although young has more experience than Dan.However I believe Dan will be just as good in a year or so, if not better. I agree we should have all sorts of strong clauses in place to support our future. I think Smith would do a very good job if called upon, providing he comes for the ball more positively? Dont think we would miss promotion on his account, but of course hope Bentley remains this year. Scouts will be out in force to see Dan, Leonard, Straker , Prosser and Coker stuffing Hull

Daniel Bentley

Hope I'm wrong,but did anyone else see Dan give his gloves to the crowd?.Then on the official site Browns interview makes the point that he hopes we get to the end of the window without offers. On top of the Sky one to watch item praising him.Just hope we make it to the end of the season

Not sure what all the hype is about. He's only played a few first team games. Granted, he's done well, but he's got a long way to go.

Think we are reading too much into this. We haven't had a single offer and hardly any rumours about bids either. When we had Ferdinand we had months and months of clubs scouting him and bids apparently being made before he was sold.

Money might talk, but I doubt we will let him go on the cheap especially with the extra money from the cup we've made. Win against Hull would do amazing things for the finances and we could say no to nearly any offer - unless a silly offer comes in.

One question is, how much would you realistically hold out for if an offer did come in?

20 year old goalkeeper who has had a fantastic 6 months at league 2, can't see us getting more than £200k up front with bonuses.

Back