• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would be a huge loss if he was to go. Has been excellent this season and is a match winning shot stopper. At such a young age I can see what all the hype is about and expect his reputation to grow even more in the next year.

Apart from those that are in the audio descriptive seats i'd be surprised if anyone DIDN'T see it. It was a big game and I believe it was showing his appreciation for the Blue Voice who kept singing throughout.

Think we are reading too much into this. We haven't had a single offer and hardly any rumours about bids either. When we had Ferdinand we had months and months of clubs scouting him and bids apparently being made before he was sold.

Money might talk, but I doubt we will let him go on the cheap especially with the extra money from the cup we've made. Win against Hull would do amazing things for the finances and we could say no to nearly any offer - unless a silly offer comes in.

One question is, how much would you realistically hold out for if an offer did come in?

20 year old goalkeeper who has had a fantastic 6 months at league 2, can't see us getting more than £200k up front with bonuses.

You must be joking. He's getting better all the time. He's still very young. He has size and stature on his side. He's a great shot stopper with fast reflexes and has just started to command his area. His decision making has really improved. He's tipped to be the future England goalkeeper. According to BBC Essex on Saturday, there are quite a few clubs watching him. He is easily worth one Million as it stands in todays market.

You must be joking. He's getting better all the time. He's still very young. He has size and stature on his side. He's a great shot stopper with fast reflexes and has just started to command his area. His decision making has really improved. He's tipped to be the future England goalkeeper. According to BBC Essex on Saturday, there are quite a few clubs watching him. He is easily worth one Million as it stands in todays market.

Totally agree, Any less and it would be daylight robbery in today's over inflated market. Worth every penny in my opinion.

A player at a cash strapped league 1 club who has had a great 6 months in the 4th tier of English football. He might be worth more, but why would a club offer that when they know how desperate we are for money.

We got £200k for Kane Ferdinand who was the same age, impressed over a longer period of time and has been capped at international youth level. Having the name "Ferdinand" probably got him well noticed too.

Hart got signed by Man City for £100k and he was 19 after 1 full season at our level. You really think that a club that needs outside help to pay the staff will get 10 times that amount?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...manchester-city-fans-have-former-blues-799798

I'm sure some will say "but Assombalonga was sold for £1m+", but that is different. Watford didn't need to sell him for raise cash to survive. They could hold out for a decent fee and Peterborough had just received £4.5m for Dwight Gayle, so had cash to splash. Assombalonga is a striker too, who usually go for more as they are the ones who get the goals and the headlines.

Dan is on a 3 year deal. We don't have to sell him. We have managed to bumble along in an embargo with the best squad (in terms of team spirit) for 20+ years. We can afford to hold onto him to get the best offer. If there are a few clubs interested, that will put the price up. I think he'll be here until next January personally. He may go at end of this season but he still has it all to do. The last 4 months have been promising but doesn't guarantee a great career.

Dan is on a 3 year deal. We don't have to sell him. We have managed to bumble along in an embargo with the best squad (in terms of team spirit) for 20+ years. We can afford to hold onto him to get the best offer. If there are a few clubs interested, that will put the price up. I think he'll be here until next January personally. He may go at end of this season but he still has it all to do. The last 4 months have been promising but doesn't guarantee a great career.
and quality!

As has been said elsewhere, he'll have loads of pairs of gloves and Dan has many young fans. He may have pre-arranged to give his gloves from the game to someone....doesn't mean he's going anywhere....yet!

This, absolutely this!

I think Bentley has a massive amount of potential and has been great this season.Very young for a keeper still and got more to come from his game i am sure.Cant see him going anywhere for now,he is getting plenty of game time and is at his local club so nice and easy.

Think we are reading too much into this. We haven't had a single offer and hardly any rumours about bids either. When we had Ferdinand we had months and months of clubs scouting him and bids apparently being made before he was sold.

Money might talk, but I doubt we will let him go on the cheap especially with the extra money from the cup we've made. Win against Hull would do amazing things for the finances and we could say no to nearly any offer - unless a silly offer comes in.

One question is, how much would you realistically hold out for if an offer did come in?

20 year old goalkeeper who has had a fantastic 6 months at league 2, can't see us getting more than £200k up front with bonuses.

Agreed on the price tag as the club can instal lots of add on's and a slice of any future transfer fees.

Indeed.

Im very happy with him and he has been solid and really made the position his own, but he has only been playing half a season.

I cant imagine any big clubs needing a first team keeper at the moment willing to take a chance on a kid without any real experience.

Obviously if someone came in with big money then he will go, but I dont think there will be any such offer made, and if someone bids £200k for him then its not worth it.

He is a first team goalkeeper here and with only 92 places in the whole country available thats pretty valuable to him as well.

I think theres also an element we are building him up too quickly anyway. He had a good game on Saturday and dealt with what he had to, but he didnt have to deal with very much. He pulled off one outstanding save from open play and obviously the penalty save but Id imagine saving penalties is pretty low down in the priority list when looking at keepers. I think most clubs would want to watch him for sometime yet.

By who ?!

His own manager bigged him up but thats not him tipped to be England keeper, he hasnt ever featured in the England set up has he ?

As for being worth 1 million Yorkshire Blue recently went through recent keeper transfers and none went for anywhere near that.

Again, think people are getting carried away. He has done really well and has lots of potential, but is playing in an in-form team and he isnt the finished article yet.

I cant imagine a big club wanting him as first choice yet, and who can afford to pay 1 million for a reserve keeper?

Last edited:

Depends which bit of this you believe (comparing Bentley with Joe Hart):

Wikipedia

In May 2006, it was reported City were to pay an initial £600,000 fee for Hart, rising to £1,500,000 if undisclosed clauses were achieved.[13] John Wardle, then City-chairman later revealed in 2012 that the transfer fee was actually £100,000.[14].

Depends on what his release clauses say...

Depends which bit of this you believe (comparing Bentley with Joe Hart):

Wikipedia

Even if it was £600k, he would still have been 2 years younger than Bentley and would have had a full season at this level compared to Bentley's half a season. Hart was in the England Under 19s squad too, which would have boosted the fee.

Ben Foster was signed by Man U from Stoke for £1m, but he was on loan at a league 1 club the season before. Man U then sent him out on loan straight away to Watford, who were in the Championship, and the following season after they gained promotion to the Premiership.

A quick update for you all.

I've just had a chat with an agent. Apparently most players in this country don't have a minimum release clause, regardless of level because clubs simply won't agree to them.

I asked him what he thought we could realistically expect to get for DB if we sold him now. His answer was that he didn't know anything about him!

Back