• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rover John

Youth Team
After Bentleys display today infront of god knows how many scouts will Ron get an offer he cant refuse.

Dan was TOP today but he has been all season. He MUST be in the sights of many Prem teams with £5 million to spend!

My fear was that he would have a blinder on the wider stage v Hull and be swept away from us but, agreed, he is already on the radar, surely a shoe-in for Div 2 PFA team already?

Going by the sounds of his performance today Butland had a blinder.

As for Bentley I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he ended up at Man City because Bentley is very similar to Joe Hart. Difference is Bentley is a shrimper and may want to get us promoted before he moves on.

Bentley will not be leaving.

We arent going to let our best players go whilst pushing for promotion.

Moderators please close this thread - don't even want to think of Bentley leaving yet - let's just all go into Ostrich mode on this one :winking:

On the radio they made a point of stating there were several scouts watching him today. Hopefully there will not be any spare tickets for hull match

Dan was TOP today but he has been all season. He MUST be in the sights of many Prem teams with £5 million to spend!

The problem is, the fee wouldn't be anything close to £5m! I can see teams offering £750k-£1m tops. At that price I'd want a sizeable sell on clause and/or performance related bonuses. He's playing regular football at the age of 20 and bang in form. If his agent has his interests at heart (rather than his bank account) he won't let him go anywhere. Completely agree that he's head and shoulders above Butland in my opinion.

:sad:

I love dan.

Would never begrudge a player a move to a bigger club, but as has been said I would hope to see us promoted first and then let him move on.

Going by the sounds of his performance today Butland had a blinder.

As for Bentley I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he ended up at Man City because Bentley is very similar to Joe Hart. Difference is Bentley is a shrimper and may want to get us promoted before he moves on.
This doesn't make any sense at all, Hart was not brought in by the current Man City manager and he has dropped Hart this season on one occasion so I fail to see your logic ?

I don't think he'll go in this transfer window but most likely at the end of the season if he keeps improving every game like he is doing. At least we have two young prospects waiting in the wings behind him in Chambers and Ted Smith. With Smith (Paul) likely to be released at the end of the season it's looking like goalkeepers might be the priority in the summer!

I've watched a fair bit of Premier League U21 games over the last two seasons and never seen a keeper as good as Bentley.:thumbsup:

Back