• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dan Harding - good reception

Angell Delight

Life President
Hope he gets one. Not as much as Clarkey obviously but to be fair to Harding he worked hard, performed very well and also said when his loan ended he'd like to come back. If someone shows the maximum effort while they're here they get my vote. Can't blame him for going to Southampton, they could obviously get far closer to his Ipswich wages than we ever could.

I'll give him a polite clap when his name's read out.

Let's get behind the lads tonight though as usual, we can't be fooled by Southampton's league position - they have some very good players for this level and it looks like they're about to hit form. :scared:

I'll applaud him, liked him when he was here.

As Tilly said I hope he has a shocker tonight.

JUDAS! I HOPE YOU SUFFER THE SAME FATE AS BILLY PAYNTER!

Will that suffice?

I'm sure he'll get a polite applause, he didn't do anything wrong when he was here.

No, and in fact, if you remember his mum died while he was here but he still played shortly after - the players all wore black armbands out of respect. Will greet him quite warmly, no problem with him at all.

Meh. He was here for five minutes - why should he get any sort of "reception" at all?

Precisely my thinking...

People seem to forget that, by all accounts, he left us in the lerch this summer with a "Will he, Won't he?" saga about whether or not he'd be prepared to drop down to our level on a permanent basis. We made it quite clear we'd be interested, and he even expressed an interest himself should he not find a better deal elsewhere.

He's fully entitled to do so, but he's not worthy of any sort of welcoming reception. These seem to be given out for any kind of service these days. Should we draw Coventry in the cup, I'm half expecting half of this board to form an orderly queue in order to fellate Eastwood as he sits on the bench.

Precisely my thinking...

People seem to forget that, by all accounts, he left us in the lerch this summer with a "Will he, Won't he?" saga about whether or not he'd be prepared to drop down to our level on a permanent basis. We made it quite clear we'd be interested, and he even expressed an interest himself should he not find a better deal elsewhere.

He's fully entitled to do so, but he's not worthy of any sort of welcoming reception. These seem to be given out for any kind of service these days. Should we draw Coventry in the cup, I'm half expecting half of this board to form an orderly queue in order to fellate Eastwood as he sits on the bench.

And he also made it perfectly clear to us that he was still looking for a higher level of club....not that he ended up at one of course, but he really didn't do a lot wrong, and hardly left in the lurch!

Precisely my thinking...

Wait, Hold on... I thought...

Oh yes, I did say that.

Thought he did well when he was here and i don't believe it's right to shout abusive chants or things at players that have played for our club, unless they've done something wrong like Richie Foran (allegedly) and Bailey. Will clap his name.

When did Harding become such a whining little bitch?

He spent the entire game tonight moaning at anyone and everyone and when that wasn't enough he was trying to get Laurent booked. He seemed a completely different guy from the one that was with us last season. Has he caught big club syndrome?

He spent the entire game tonight moaning at anyone and everyone and when that wasn't enough he was trying to get Laurent booked. He seemed a completely different guy from the one that was with us last season. Has he caught big club syndrome?

Loved the massive boot into the family stand - was it really necessary?

Gitknob Pardew's influence.

In fact, Southampton have very quickly taken on the characteristics of an Alan Pardew team. The supreme negativity in the second half being one of them.

at the final whistle he gave a big fist pumping cheer to the west stand too - thought that was un-necessary and he has gone down in my estimation.

at the final whistle he gave a big fist pumping cheer to the west stand too - thought that was un-necessary and he has gone down in my estimation.

Really? Considering he didn't get any massive amount of abuse that's a little crazy.

Back