• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Signed for the inbreds whilst on trial with us. No thanks :finger2:

No Thanks Brown said he didnt fancy him so he was going to sign for a non league team then Col Ewe came in... No Thanks.

I'd be interested now in hearing the views of the people that lambasted PB for not signing him...

No thanks, I can understand long term loans for a player's development or short team deals for clubs covering for injury. But why would any club (other than a total shambles like Blackpool) take on an unfit player?

If he's not good enough for Col Ewe, he's not good enough for us. They're a struggling League One side and we're a side who *SHOULD* be promotion material in League Two, you could argue we're probably a better team than them so shouldn't be looking at their cast-offs.

I know very little about Darren Holman aside from a quick glance at his career stats. This chaps seems to have a 1 in 3 record in the Conference. If I am a team that wants to go up from League 2 and is looking at a non-league player (yes COL U now but the track record in non-League) I would expect to be looking at a player with a higher ratio than 1 in 3. This is because as he moves up a division it is more likely to lessen and become 1 in 4 than it is 1 in 2. I know that our players dream of 1 in 4 at the moment but that is besides the point. If Holman is more of a target man then, there is no point really. I may not be Corr's number 1 fan (he's actually ok but poorly used) but we do have 2 players that can do the Target Man thing to a proficient standard.

He's not a Target Man, he fed off of Sean Marks's flicks and lay-offs at Braintree. He is pacey and a decent enough finisher, like others have said though, no thanks. Would rather see Ellis Brown or Layne given a go.

PB's been pretty clear that he's looking for players who are fit already. Otherwise they add nothing to our squad short term, which is what a loanee must do.

If he was fit enough then in principle we shouldn't automatically discount him. I'd be wary of other elements like someone who's only ever performed in non-league, then joined a club of no more than equal standing to us, only to be farmed out on loan within a month of the season starting. That would suggest he's not up to it.

Also think its a bit narrow minded to say we are 'better than ColU'. League table suggests otherwise for the past few years unfortunately.

We are much better than the scums and I can see them doing a "Carlisle" if they get relegated.

It's not true though is it, we are not better than them or even on par with them, on the pitch. They are in League One and struggling, we are in League Two and not exactly setting the world alight. Bigger club with more potential yes, currently BETTER, no, sorry.

It's not true though is it, we are not better than them or even on par with them, on the pitch. They are in League One and struggling, we are in League Two and not exactly setting the world alight. Bigger club with more potential yes, currently BETTER, no, sorry.

Just being in the league above doesnt count for a lot if you cant win a game in it.

Not sure we are in a position to start bragging though, we are winning about the same amount after the first two games.

Back