• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dan Matsuzaka

His Twitter banner is Tokyo 2020, I wonder if he's hoping to break into the Olympic squad? Playing in Japan will probably get him more attention from the Japan Under 23s manager than if he played for a lower league side in England. It helps that Dan is tall, something that's a bit of a rarity in the Japanese centre backs aside from Yoshida, so he's got that going for him.

I Really rated Dan . He had pace , could read the game well + his timing of tackles very good.

The major thing holding him back was his strength. I really expected him to bulk up last season but if anything he looked less powerful than the previous year. Someone on our coaching staff needed to get hold of him + put him in the gym for 4 hours a day, and tell him to eat steak + guinness .

Pump the weights Dan , you can still make it fella ! Good luck , I wish you well !!!

( Fans wont believe the difference in Amadou Ba this season , looks like he's put on 2 stone of muscle - he was too lightweight last year + has addressed this )

That is what happened to Justin Edinburgh - looked good when he first played for us and then went to Spurs (on loan I think?) and came back with muscles on his muscles.

Someone also said he was too laid back. Not to mean lazy or anything, but if you're not driven you probably aren't going to be in that 1%.

Good luck to him, he has another opportunity here!

I Really rated Dan . He had pace , could read the game well + his timing of tackles very good.

The major thing holding him back was his strength. I really expected him to bulk up last season but if anything he looked less powerful than the previous year. Someone on our coaching staff needed to get hold of him + put him in the gym for 4 hours a day, and tell him to eat steak + guinness .

Pump the weights Dan , you can still make it fella ! Good luck , I wish you well !!!

( Fans wont believe the difference in Amadou Ba this season , looks like he's put on 2 stone of muscle - he was too lightweight last year + has addressed this )

Football is never about just 'bulking up'. The only Ba had going for him was sharp pace. So it would seem the gym and guinness has done him no favours.

21 July
Sutton United have signed ex-Lewes and Aldershot winger George Tuson-Firth and former Braintree defender Dan Matsuzaka, both 21, after they impressed manager Matt Gray on trial during pre-season.

Scored for Oxford City against Bath City in the National League South.

Back