• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dangerous Dogs and their owners.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Anyone one see that programme on the tele?
Absolutely sickening. Guys training their pitbulls to attack on command. Then the 30 year old woman says she trusts her dogs, next thing, one escapes and fights the one she has just taken over the park. They try and rip each others faces off, one won't let go and one of the TV crew goes and gets her male friend to help try and separate the dogs. The dogs would have happily killed each other given the chance. Both had deep cuts and were bleeding.
Pitbulls can't be trusted, certainly if they've been trained to fight or maim, and can't even be trusted if they haven't. It's in their nature. Anyone that has one of these around a child should be shot.
By the way, yes these dogs were illegal, but you can easily buy them on the internet. Incredibly, that woman was allowed to keep 2 of her dogs that the police had a stewards over, after she won a court case to keep them. Them not being dangerous and all that. Yeah, right!

Stupid and irresponsible dog owners are legion, from how they train (or not) them, to how they look after them.
Dogs are expensive and they ought to be liscenced, registered and taken away if not cared for properly.
Any un chipped dog confiscated and re homed if possible.
Fine and imprison the owners.

Most dogs are potentially dangerous and it should be illegal to take them out without them being muzzled and on a lead.

Idiots project human personality traits onto their animals and I have lost count of the times a dot on the horizon has shouted "don't worry he likes kids/he's friendly/he will link you to death" as their attack dog approaches at speed.

It only takes one incident for a small child's life to be changed forever.

How that woman's Dogs were deemed acceptable and therefore made legal I have no idea, Im a dog lover but no matter how well trained your dog is or kind and loving it is you should never leave a dog and a child alone EVER! but i dont think that kids and dogs shouldnt interract, its good for kids to be brought up around animals

To be honest the bloke who trained his dog to fight from South London seemed to have total control over his dog.

To be honest the bloke who trained his dog to fight from South London seemed to have total control over his dog.

He did, but he had used training methods to strengthen its jaws, and taught it to attack on command. Basically he was walking around with a very dangerous weapon. Also, if it were to escape like the other one did, and that happened so easily, God help any person or any other dog that got in his way without that owner to stop an attack.

He did, but he had used training methods to strengthen its jaws, and taught it to attack on command. Basically he was walking around with a very dangerous weapon. Also, if it were to escape like the other one did, and that happened so easily, God help any person or any other dog that got in his way without that owner to stop an attack.

I'd kick it's face off.

No animal can be trusted.

Different dogs have different traits. A cocker spaniel is hardly going to maim you to death like a pitbull or a staffie would. My girlfriend's springer spaniels might eat a bird or a squirrel but they certainly couldn't do much damage to a human.

Like everything it's the bad dog owners who give the good majority a bad name. People need to appreciate that dogs are an expensive committment and require training and care. As the old saying goes, a dog is for life, not just for Christmas. At least the government has increased the maximum sentence that can be given to owners whose dogs kill someone. Maybe it's time to bring back dog licenses? :unsure:

Different dogs have different traits. A cocker spaniel is hardly going to maim you to death like a pitbull or a staffie would. My girlfriend's springer spaniels might eat a bird or a squirrel but they certainly couldn't do much damage to a human.

Like everything it's the bad dog owners who give the good majority a bad name. People need to appreciate that dogs are an expensive committment and require training and care. As the old saying goes, a dog is for life, not just for Christmas. At least the government has increased the maximum sentence that can be given to owners whose dogs kill someone. Maybe it's time to bring back dog licenses? :unsure:

Yep, dog licence for owners would help owners be more responsible. Especially if you lose the Licence if your dog attacks a person or another dog. I think all dogs should be muzzled and on a lead when out in the public place. Maybe exceptions for small dogs or those with no history of violence. It certainly stopped 2 of her dogs last night on TV, when she took them for a walk. Her dogs could have broken free and ripped that other dog. She was struggling to hold on to them. I was very glad they were muzzled.
Licences could be given on a good behaviour deposit scheme. You deposit say £200. If your dog attacks a human or another dog, your dog is taken away and you lose your Licence and deposit. The deposit could go down yearly, for good behaviour. It would certainly make some of those Ahole owners show more consideration.

Sorry if you think I'm going on abit about this, the reason is that when I was a teenager, I was involved in an incident in Blenheim Park Leigh. A big Alsation that was off the lead, attacked a medium sized Labrador, that was on the lead. The Lady with the Labrador tried to protect her dog but got bit. The older man who owned the Alsation was screaming at his dog, but it took no notice, I waded into his dog with my Doc Martins as it had got the Labrador by the throat and was going for the kill. They both thanked me so much, but the old man said the typical thing, that his dog had never attacked another dog before, that's why he trusted it off the lead.
The thing is, I was more traumatised by the attack after, being an animal lover. That programme last night got me thinking about it all again. God knows what it did to the lady owner. She had to rush her dog to the vet in her car, and then go to the doctor or hospital to sort the bites on her hands and arm.
So dogs that have it in their nature to attack genetically, even if most placid, cannot be trusted.

Back