• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is Paul Smith coaching Bentley. Can't help but think he does not go for crosses as much as he used too and seem to punch more often?

Smith is certainly good enough to play for SUFC.Bentley has also done well at times,but as has been previously stated,he has started to make mistakes.

Can't believe where all these Smith lovers have come from give him 2 games and wait for the cries for Bentley to come back.
Our problems are not in goal,but the forward options

The last thing we need is Smith behind the current back four. What we need is Prosser back, a bit of stability at the back

Phil

Daniel is going to be a better keeper better than this level eventually, and that's the word eventually.
Yesterday we were in control of the game for thirty minutes then, from where i and other's were siting
(and i have not seen a re-run yet). We had three players wondering what Daniel was doing leaving too confusion!
They got the goal back and it changed the game.
Confidence looked totally dranied and i could not belive it was the same team?

Sorry but it looked like Daniel was too blame and dare i say it.
Again quite a few of us were discussing this in the ground and on the way home.
If that was Smith he would have been hung drawn and anything else we can think off.
But its Daniel we cant have a go at him!
Now i love players coming through the Youth system but dare i say it i do think if Paul Smith
would have been in goal (and not slated by the fans over the last say six games), we would have
had more points on the board than we have now.

Scunny would be a good place to play Paul (if fit) as the boo boys and girls do not travel that far.
Maybe a one off against one of the best sides in the division.
I know i am going to get very few in agreement but, sometinmes (me included) we need to take rose tinted specs off.
Finally i do think Daniel will become a better keeper than Paul, but he is very young for a keeper!!

Phil

Daniel is going to be a better keeper better than this level eventually, and that's the word eventually.
Yesterday we were in control of the game for thirty minutes then, from where i and other's were siting
(and i have not seen a re-run yet). We had three players wondering what Daniel was doing leaving too confusion!
They got the goal back and it changed the game.
Confidence looked totally dranied and i could not belive it was the same team?

Sorry but it looked like Daniel was too blame and dare i say it.
Again quite a few of us were discussing this in the ground and on the way home.
If that was Smith he would have been hung drawn and anything else we can think off.
But its Daniel we cant have a go at him!
Now i love players coming through the Youth system but dare i say it i do think if Paul Smith
would have been in goal (and not slated by the fans over the last say six games), we would have
had more points on the board than we have now.

Scunny would be a good place to play Paul (if fit) as the boo boys and girls do not travel that far.
Maybe a one off against one of the best sides in the division.
I know i am going to get very few in agreement but, sometinmes (me included) we need to take rose tinted specs off.
Finally i do think Daniel will become a better keeper than Paul, but he is very young for a keeper!!

On BBC Essex they say that the defender dawdled on the ball so Dan had to come. I wasn't there, can only go on what they said on the radio....Defensive mix up rather than keeper error. We can't afford to play Smith, it's too late to be throwing him in, his time finished last season

On BBC Essex they say that the defender dawdled on the ball so Dan had to come. I wasn't there, can only go on what they said on the radio....Defensive mix up rather than keeper error. We can't afford to play Smith, it's too late to be throwing him in, his time finished last season
Has to be keeper error from where i was sitting. I'm sure one of the defenders would have put a foot through it if they didn't get a call.

Bentley has ability in abundance, but is clearly still not the finished article. Genuinely think he needs a rest.

And, yes, Tuesday probably is the right time to bring Smith back. He won't get the bad reaction from supporters there and if he performs well will earn his place in front of boo-boys on Saturday.

There are without doubt errors Bentley has made this season that Smith would've been chastised for.

Just seen u-tube highlights which show not only Bentley yet again presenting the opposition with their all-important 1st goal but also an even worse pathetic flap at a harmless corner 2nd half.Smith should have been restored long before Christmas and if he wasnt proving a big improvement then someone should have been brought in on loan but Brown seems incapable of making any changes yet alone one as OBVIOUS as this one-his days may be numbered.l

i sometimes think some of you are mad...a candidate for player of the year (alongside Leonard and Coker for me - Prosser would be but has missed quite a few games), let's drop him...

Just seen u-tube highlights which show not only Bentley yet again presenting the opposition with their all-important 1st goal but also an even worse pathetic flap at a harmless corner 2nd half.Smith should have been restored long before Christmas and if he wasnt proving a big improvement then someone should have been brought in on loan but Brown seems incapable of making any changes yet alone one as OBVIOUS as this one-his days may be numbered.l

Link please

i sometimes think some of you are mad...a candidate for player of the year (alongside Leonard and Coker for me - Prosser would be but has missed quite a few games), let's drop him...

THIS!!
Many on this board are sooooooooo much happier when things are not going well.

Blaming the keeper when the whole team is playing poorly is as ridiculous as blaming the striker.

Lets take out our best keeper and put in a lesser one that never instilled confidence in the back four, that's bound to make the rest of the team suddenly play better isn't it.

Sigh.

Equally importantly, we are still in a play-off position (not sure how, but who cares). Certainly not the right time to rest Bentley as it would damage his confidence. If we keep dropping points at the rate we are currently and we do drop down out of the play-offs, them maybe give him a rest. I'm still hopeful that when our injured defenders return, and maybe with the inclusion of Jakub Sokolik (if he signs),then our defence will be back to water tight and give the rest of the side a chance to focus on all out attack.

This thread is basically blaming Bentley for Morecambe's first goal. If you saw the highights on the football league show you can clearly hear Bentley call for the ball as it gets crossed in. That goal was a lack of communication between the defence.

This thread is basically blaming Bentley for Morecambe's first goal. If you saw the highights on the football league show you can clearly hear Bentley call for the ball as it gets crossed in. That goal was a lack of communication between the defence.

If he called for it why didn't he collect it?

He made a error, everyone does lets move on now bentley is a fine keeper with bags of potential we are lucky to have him lets support him and the team and get this season back on track.

Back