• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daniel Bentley

Bentley recalled to the Bristol City team but has made 2 errors/mistakes - 1 leading to a goal, the 2nd led to a disallowed goal.

Bentley recalled to the Bristol City team but has made 2 errors/mistakes - 1 leading to a goal, the 2nd led to a disallowed goal.

B .C. v S. W. today .Unsurprisingly, Bentley’s been dropped to the bench.

And unsurprisingly Bristol City lost due to this rash decision...

Not going to help his confidence either. Very silly from Bristol and probably ruined their chances of the play offs.

And unsurprisingly Bristol City lost due to this rash decision...
It wasn't a rash decision, Bentley had already been dropped for this guy before coronavirus hit, if anything his recall to the starting lineup was a chance for Bentley to retake the first team spot which he failed to do.

Not going to help his confidence either. Very silly from Bristol and probably ruined their chances of the play offs.
I never understood why they sent Taylor Moore back out on loan, to Blackpool. He was doing great from all accounts.

I never understood why they sent Taylor Moore back out on loan, to Blackpool. He was doing great from all accounts.

From what I have seen there is a couple of weak areas where TM has to Really improve but he does have decent pace and reads it well.

Anyway It’s not fans or local reporters opinions that count. We have had dozens of posts over the years on here claiming X should be on loan or Y shouldn’t be on loan. Some have even criticised Ricky D wihout even seeing some of the players they are talking about.

Rickys results speak for themselves and his opinion is one we can fully trust.... I’m sure they also know what they are doing at Bristol C

Stroke of luck for Bentley his replacement got injured 28 minutes into their game. They lost 1-0 after a 62nd minute goal from a free kick.

Stroke of luck for Bentley his replacement got injured 28 minutes into their game. They lost 1-0 after a 62nd minute goal from a free kick.
Looks like he could be back then, chance to get the confidence back :Clap:

It looked like a nasty injury to Mp...( the 1st choice keeper) but I don’t think they can get a loan replacement at this stage of the season.

Dosnt surprise me one bit this, ok his made mistakes along the way, all keepers do, but some of the saves he has made when I’ve viewed highlights is unreal, shame bristols city’s form dropped off so much, never know a prem club might take a gamble on him.

Glad he turned it around, his confidence seemed shot towards the end of his time at Brentford but a move to Bristol seems to have done him a world of good

Isn't he rumoured to be going to Crystal Palace in the summer?

Would be very surprised if he is not in the Premier League by the start of next season.

I still think he will play for England one day.
It's possible but at 27 he needs to establish himself in the PL soon to have any chance. Dean Henderson looks to be the future of the England team and Southgate seems set on sticking with Pickford despite his club form. Even if Pickford does get dropped Johnstone and Pope are still in their 20s and will be ahead of Bentley at the moment.

Back