• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daniel Bentley

Probably been told he’s never going to replace O’Leary at City.
Never heard of any other Premier interest but he’s having a medical at Wolves tomorrow and must be hoping their other keepers are injured so he might get a chance to sit on their bench.

Never heard of any other Premier interest but he’s having a medical at Wolves tomorrow and must be hoping their other keepers are injured so he might get a chance to sit on their bench.
Hope it’s more comfortable than Harrogate‘s bench.

Fantastic move for him. I'd rather laud one of our amazing youth and senior players making it to the top level than lament him. Our youth setup and fanbase should be proud.

For the record, he was a brilliant keeper for us and any comparison to Bishop and Arnie is ridiculous imo.

Good luck to him 👏

Never heard of any other Premier interest but he’s having a medical at Wolves tomorrow and must be hoping their other keepers are injured so he might get a chance to sit on their bench,
Sarkic,Wolves’ reserve keeper,hasn’t played a single game this season or last, because Jose Sa, the first choice, never seems to get injured (unlike our’s !) nor suspended.

Fed up with sitting on the bench,he’s gone on loan to struggling Stoke,who presumably didnt think Blondy was ready yet and didn’t want Bentley.

Great news for Dan and Us, just coming into his prime as a keeper? Many congratulations

Have we long since lost any sell on fees?

According to the Echo Bently's due to sign for Wolves.

Ex Blues goalkeeper set to join Premier League club​

Ex Southend United goalkeeper set to join Premier League club​

1 hr ago

By Chris Phillips@cjphillips1982Chief sports reporter
0 Comments
Moving on - Daniel Bentley looks set to join Wolverhampton Wanderers (Image: PA IMAGES)

FORMER Southend United goalkeeper Daniel Bentley is on the verge of joining Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Bentley, who is from Wickford, made 160 appearances for the Shrimpers between 2009 and 2016 and is best remembered for his penalty saving heroics in Blues' 2015 League Two play-off final success against Wycombe Wanderers.
The 29-year-old has since played for both Brentford and Bristol City but is now believed to be undergoing a medical at Wolves.
Wanderers are currently 17th in the Premier League standings and sit just above the drop zone on goal difference.
Wolves - who are managed by Julen Lopetegui - currently have Jose Sa as their first choice shot-stopper.

Great news for Dan and Us, just coming into his prime as a keeper? Many congratulations

We would got that, as he went to Bristol City for 4 millions, I don’t think we had, if Brentford passed the sell on fees to Bristol City.

The transfer fee is reportedly only £50k (his contract is up at the end of the season so Bristol City are taking what they can get), so even if we did still have something we wouldn't be seeing any money from this.

Interesting that Bristol City are clearly prepared to let him go (or is it the case that he won't renew). Not sure how he fits with the Wolves squad - they have 2 decent keepers already - I'm guessing that one of them will be on their way?

Good keeper but can't get into a struggling Robins side but can play Premier league. Hope it works out for him.

They're probably looking for a half decent bench warmer as a backup for the lesser games

Still, I hope he gets an opportunity to show what he can do. Top top keeper and a lovely lad

Interesting that Bristol City are clearly prepared to let him go (or is it the case that he won't renew). Not sure how he fits with the Wolves squad - they have 2 decent keepers already - I'm guessing that one of them will be on their way?
I’ve outlined this on the ex-players thread mate.

They're probably looking for a half decent bench warmer as a backup for the lesser games

Still, I hope he gets an opportunity to show what he can do. Top top keeper and a lovely lad
Looking at some of the calamities made recently in the premier league by goalkeepers, and I’m talking Alisson, Ederson, Lloris and De Gea, I don’t think he will be warming benches for long.

You may be right with that last thought.
.There may well be League One clubs prepared to give him a chance — the lower level Championship clubs will be only too aware of his deficiencies.

You may be right with that last thought.
.There may well be League One clubs prepared to give him a chance — the lower level Championship clubs will be only too aware of his deficiencies.
And you’re right; even the best goalies in the world make mistakes,but only rarely.

Yes apparently Sarkic the current number 2 is going to Stoke on loan, so Bentley is a replacement for him.

Back