• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daniel Bentley

I give you **** taker in chief the one and only Nile Ranger.

Dieng would be right up there too.

Anyway, back on topic.

Dan Bentley, first and foremost, is a brilliant man. He, along with John White, came and watched my charity football match the week before Wembley. His Dad was playing for the legends. He posed for photos, signed autographs, and was itching to play but wasn’t allowed for obvious reasons.

He was a fantastic goalkeeper, and I’m surprised it’s taken this long for him to reach the top flight, but always believed he would (And play for England, but that ship has sailed). Comparing him to Oxley is laughable (I rated Oxley too by the way). Bentley is streets ahead. He’ll ultimately be number 2 for Wolves, but it’s a fantastic move for him, and thoroughly deserved too.

We aren’t entitled to any other clauses, add ons or sell on fees for hm.

You have claimed this on several occasions and its completely false.

The big boys were after him long before his heroics at Wembley. The correct reward would have been a move that summer and his last touch of a ball in an SUFC shirt would have been that winning save.

Instead our club decided he would see out the last year for our benefit. Despite risking his chance at the big time he played with total professionalism that season and deserves credit for that.

The club took the financial gamble that we would get another year out of Dan and still get the same money due to the compensation scheme....Which we did.

Good players at Southend go on to bigger clubs. Always have and always will. To expect Dan to stall his own career when Brentford had been chasing him for 2 years is nonsense.

There has been some total P*** takers at this club since Dan left. Both on and off the field, thats why we are in the NL.

Right up the top of the list of those they did not take the P and made us money would be Dan Bentley.... Loyalty is a two way street and sadly far too many of our fans have forgotten that.
Thank you for that ! More all-too -typical myopia.
E.g. Suggesting his guessing correctly to save 2 out of 7 Wembley penalties was likely to significantly increase interest from higher level clubs ( any more than his og in the same match could have the opposite effect !!) Laughable !
The fact remains,however you like to spin it, our club pleaded with him over quite some time to sign a new contract.This would not have prevented him from getting his chance at the level directly above us nor greatly affected his future wealth BUT it would have multiplied the fee we received and helped us considerably to prosper in League One.

Dieng would be right up there too.

Anyway, back on topic.

Dan Bentley, first and foremost, is a brilliant man. He, along with John White, came and watched my charity football match the week before Wembley. His Dad was playing for the legends. He posed for photos, signed autographs, and was itching to play but wasn’t allowed for obvious reasons.

He was a fantastic goalkeeper, and I’m surprised it’s taken this long for him to reach the top flight, but always believed he would (And play for England, but that ship has sailed). Comparing him to Oxley is laughable (I rated Oxley too by the way). Bentley is streets ahead. He’ll ultimately be number 2 for Wolves, but it’s a fantastic move for him, and thoroughly deserved too.

We aren’t entitled to any other clauses, add ons or sell on fees for hm.
Spot on.

Thank you for that ! More all-too -typical myopia.
E.g. Suggesting his guessing correctly to save 2 out of 7 Wembley penalties was likely to significantly increase interest from higher level clubs ( any more than his og in the same match could have the opposite effect !!) Laughable !
The fact remains,however you like to spin it, our club pleaded with him over quite some time to sign a new contract.This would not have prevented him from getting his chance at the level directly above us nor greatly affected his future wealth BUT it would have multiplied the fee we received and helped us considerably to prosper in League One.

Not sure anyone has ever claimed that.

So you won't be supporting Kasper today as he didn't sign for Shefield U. Or should Cardwell have signed an extension at his last club....How about Powell or Husin.

Football has changed since you started watching and no one has to resign. Just as they don't if their injured and fans are demanding their contracts are cancelled.

Plus if Dan Bentley is a Championship bench warmer at best, then how could we have ever multiplied the fee of £1.5m :Think:

My Man U season ticket holder son-in-law just text me about this from the game, he’s promised a full report on Dan’s performance..

Well done Dan well deserved hope you can help keep the Red Devils at bay good luck for the future hope you make many more premiership starts, any time you’re passing roots hall just pop in and say hello ( if we’re still around)

Sofascore rating 8.3. That is impressive for any debut let alone in the Premiership.

Back