• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Indeed, John can play all the way along the back, we also have Pross who can play LB and Lenny slots in quite easily at RB.

We definitely need another fullback-Leonard is wasted at RB,Plodder is even worse at LB than he is in the middle.We also need a CH as Barrett won,t cope at this level anymore.

I don't think Prosser plays left back to any great standard, and putting him in there arguably isn't fair as he plays crap and 'supporters' lynch him.

Very true; I've never rated Prosser as a left back, not good enough on the ball to play that position; however I would never lynch him; well not all the time anyway :winking:

SM is not even on the bench for Forest today so he could well be on his way out but to where I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Freedman said that if he could get Pinillos in then he would let McLaughlin go but otherwise not as he saw SM as left back cover.

Worrall can also play right back, we have tons of cover for that position. Prosser would be ok there to cover a short injury or suspension, but Coker would be incredibly difficult to replace. He is the best left back since Chris Powell.

Brownie has said he still hopes to bring in a couple more over the next four days before Saturdays kick off. I hope we can pull it off and bring in McLaughlin . We are also 2 strikers short in my view, and limited at the back. Currently our signed squad is just seventeen as we consistently leave it late to build sufficient resources. Bringing in a couple more at the last moment doesn't help players settle and get our season off to a better start.
Not sure what is going on with Thompson, he could bring us up to 18 if signed. Brown has stated that the squad is light and risks early unecsessary pressure If injuries occur.
Trawling the Bs in our league I see that a squad of around 21 seems to be the norm. Burton currently 21, blackpool 21, bury 22, barnsley21, although the surprise is Bradford with just 18 (given their resources) so in comparison we currently look like kicking off with one of the smallest outfits.Not necessarily saying that's bad, but still disappointed with the pace of our doing business.

Back