• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimpled

Director⭐
Has agreed terms with Nottingham Forest.. Stephen McLaughlin now available. Fingers crossed we are front of the queue to sign him.

There were moments of real class in his loan period here, I think the guy has potential and if we pull him and Hunt in i'll be very happy

You would like to think that the other guy signing was the outstanding piece and outline 'fee' and terms were already in place with Forest and player..in other words it can happen quickly

You would like to think that the other guy signing was the outstanding piece and outline 'fee' and terms were already in place with Forest and player..in other words it can happen quickly

You'd hope so, but that would be far too efficient for our club. :winking:

Would Forest try to use this as a bargaining tool to get Bentley? McLaughlin comes to you as part of a Bentley deal?

I understood Forest weren't looking for a fee for him outside of paying off any remaining signing on fee, though this could be wrong.

Don't forget that this is Dougie, who will know of Bentley and have been keeping an eye on him. Actually I'd be far more interested in the idea of Assombalonga on a recuperationary loan!

Has real quality in that left Peg - something I think Hunt would thrive off

There was quality in that left peg, but if that left peg was having an off day there wasn't an awful lot else. PB has got us promoted with at team that has a REAL work ethic - 1 to 11 all put in a shift. I'm not sure McLaughlin is really a PB player?

I was working lates the other evening and they had the play off final on again , w
Although he had a good first 20 mins he did go missing a bit and I thought we looked a better side when he went off - just one game and my opinion though

This Daniel Pinillos, I believe he is a left back. Stephen is a left mid. [h=2][/h]

Forest were trying McLaughlin out at LB pre season. They have plenty of left mids already...

Still, a thought, maybe it means we don't need backup for Coker if we sign him, can focus on a right back who can fill in central also.

Indeed, John can play all the way along the back, we also have Pross who can play LB and Lenny slots in quite easily at RB.

I don't think Prosser plays left back to any great standard, and putting him in there arguably isn't fair as he plays crap and 'supporters' lynch him.

Back