• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hotman

reason, honour, integrity
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2791667/Islam-cartoon-man-Kurt-Westergaard-attacked.html

AN axe-wielding intruder was shot by cops last night after he tried to attack the Danish cartoonist who sparked riots by mocking the prophet Mohammed.

The Somali man, 27, was injured at the Copenhagen home of Kurt Westergaard, 74.
Jakob Scharf, who heads Denmark's intelligence service says the attack was "terror related," adding the suspected assailant has close contacts to the Somali terrorist group, al-Shabaab.
The suspect, who was also carrying a knife, was seriously injured after being shot by police in the knee and the shoulder before being taken into custody. His life was not said to be in danger.
Police were called to Westergaard's home after a personal alarm was activated.
Chief Superintendent Morten Jensen said: "He broke a window of Mr Westergarrd's house.
"He tried to attack one officer with an axe and he was shot in his right leg and his left arm.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2791667/Islam-cartoon-man-Kurt-Westergaard-attacked.html

AN axe-wielding intruder was shot by cops last night after he tried to attack the Danish cartoonist who sparked riots by mocking the prophet Mohammed.

The Somali man, 27, was injured at the Copenhagen home of Kurt Westergaard, 74.
Jakob Scharf, who heads Denmark's intelligence service says the attack was "terror related," adding the suspected assailant has close contacts to the Somali terrorist group, al-Shabaab.
The suspect, who was also carrying a knife, was seriously injured after being shot by police in the knee and the shoulder before being taken into custody. His life was not said to be in danger.
Police were called to Westergaard's home after a personal alarm was activated.
Chief Superintendent Morten Jensen said: "He broke a window of Mr Westergarrd's house.
"He tried to attack one officer with an axe and he was shot in his right leg and his left arm.

The obvious danger here is that you demonise a whole community by bringing the nutters to our attention. I teach in an 80% Muslim school in East Ham and can tell you that the parents are a peaceful bunch who abhor this kind of insanity and dislike the group that you put on your other thread.

The obvious danger here is that you demonise a whole community by bringing the nutters to our attention. I teach in an 80% Muslim school in East Ham and can tell you that the parents are a peaceful bunch who abhor this kind of insanity and dislike the group that you put on your other thread.
Absolutely, he is one of the "mad mullah's" - however, I would imagine that public opinion from the non-muslim majority is that the lines between them are blurred (much us our "mad mullah's" - the BNP - are probably blurred with anyone with right-wing stances by muslims).

Why is it everytime you hear the word "Somalia", it's always related to something ****. Somalian Pirates, Somalian terrorist groups, Somalian **** heap. It's a wonder the UN hasn't just taken the decision to bomb the ****er back to the stoneage.

Why is it everytime you hear the word "Somalia", it's always related to something ****. Somalian Pirates, Somalian terrorist groups, Somalian **** heap. It's a wonder the UN hasn't just taken the decision to bomb the ****er back to the stoneage.

Aren't they already in the stoneage?

To be fair, if the parents at your school are extremists, they are hardly likely to tell you or act like they are publicly. Al Quaida suicide bombers don't publicise the fact they are going to blow something up.

To be fair, if the parents at your school are extremists, they are hardly likely to tell you or act like they are publicly. Al Quaida suicide bombers don't publicise the fact they are going to blow something up.
you mean they don't carry these around?
!BZhm(cw!mk~$(KGrHgoOKk!EjlLmZICkBKnG3qS(pg~~_35.JPG

Indeed they are and possibly more so than Afghanistan. It's deemed to be one of the most dangerous places on earth.

Well graysblue, let's just be glad that you're not on the UN Security Council then. This is pretty offensive stuff. I teach quite a few Somali kids. They are among the lucky ones whose families have managed to get away from a war-torn country. Some of them are quite disturbed, as you would expect given what many of them have seen, but at the end of the day they are kids no matter where they are from. And, incidentally, they don't have 'stone age' mentalities - they have a spread of abilities the same as every other racial group in the school. I just hope none of them find a way on here to see what this representation of enlightened middle England thinks should happen to the rest of their families back home. I wonder how many Somalians (or Muslims) either of you know.

All I can say to you is that our head is a Muslim who is on the Muslim Council and has the CBE for her services to education. She has given regular interviews to the national press deploring the actions of Al Queda and exposing the hypocrisy of the small numbers of Muslim youths who accept the prosperity of this country but seek to damage it. She has had her articles used in form lessons and English lessons. Parental groups are frequently consulted on all aspects of school life (OFSTED graded us 'outstanding' in this regard) and they support her on this issue as well as her general leadership. Sure, there are Muslims around with strong anti-Western views but I have problems when assumptions are made about racial groups based on a minority of their number. Just because I am a 1/4 Jewish Scot with an Aberdonian father doesn't make me mean with money....although I do use the Martin's Money Saving Expert website........

Last edited:
Well graysblue, let's just be glad that you're not on the UN Security Council then. This is pretty offensive stuff. I teach quite a few Somali kids. They are among the lucky ones whose families have managed to get away from a war-torn country. Some of them are quite disturbed, as you would expect given what many of them have seen, but at the end of the day they are kids no matter where they are from. And, incidentally, they don't have 'stone age' mentalities - they have a spread of abilities the same as every other racial group in the school. I just hope none of them find a way on here to see what this representation of enlightened middle England thinks should happen to the rest of their families back home. I wonder how many Somalians (or Muslims) either of you know.

All I can say to you is that our head is a Muslim who is on the Muslim Council and has the CBE for her services to education. She has given regular interviews to the national press deploring the actions of Al Queda and exposing the hypocrisy of the small numbers of Muslim youths who accept the prosperity of this country but seek to damage it. She has had her articles used in form lessons and English lessons. Parental groups are frequently consulted on all aspects of school life (OFSTED graded us 'outstanding' in this regard) and they support her on this issue as well as her general leadership. Sure, there are Muslims around with strong anti-Western views but I have problems when assumptions are made about racial groups based on a minority of their number. Just because I am a 1/4 Jewish Scot with an Aberdonian father doesn't make me mean with money....although I do use the Martin's Money Saving Expert website........

Bless, aren't you just a ****ing hero eh?? Teaching over 80% Kids being Muslim. Well let me tell you something chuckles, out of that 80% i promise you, that several of them would hold extremist ideas.. It's not classing them all the same, as i am sure they are very different - but.. there are hot beds for fundamentalists...

East London.. fact.
MIdlands.. Fact
Bradford / Leeds... Fact

When you see 5,000 muslims in a street protesting - demanding death to the west.. do you say - " They don't all think that.. " No they don't that's true, but the growing Islamic population who do - must me dealt with severely.

Bless, aren't you just a ****ing hero eh?? Teaching over 80% Kids being Muslim. Well let me tell you something chuckles, out of that 80% i promise you, that several of them would hold extremist ideas.. It's not classing them all the same, as i am sure they are very different - but.. there are hot beds for fundamentalists...

East London.. fact.
MIdlands.. Fact
Bradford / Leeds... Fact

When you see 5,000 muslims in a street protesting - demanding death to the west.. do you say - " They don't all think that.. " No they don't that's true, but the growing Islamic population who do - must me dealt with severely.
Hello J, Chuckles here.
If you read what I've said carefully you'll see that I haven't said that none of the families would hold extremist views. I have said that it is a peaceful community which, taken as a whole, is true. Dealing with protesters is always a chancy business anyway and has to be handled with care. I posted in the first place because I didn't like the post above saying that the UN should bomb Somalia to smithereens. Is that what you think should happen?

Well graysblue, let's just be glad that you're not on the UN Security Council then. This is pretty offensive stuff. No instead it's full of do-gooders, possibly, and i do mean possibly why lawless places like Somalia are ****ed up? Anyway glad to see you understand a bit of "tounge-in-cheek". I teach quite a few Somali kids. They are among the lucky ones whose families have managed to get away from a war-torn country. Some of them are quite disturbed, as you would expect given what many of them have seen, but at the end of the day they are kids no matter where they are from. And, incidentally, they don't have 'stone age' mentalities You are generalising one small group as you deal with these particular individuals on a daily basis. When is the last time you heard good things about Somalia on the news? The place is a crap hole. It's a wartorn, lawless "society" (i use that term loosely) where basically anything goes. Sounds pretty much "stone-age" to me. Here's a question for you, seeing as you are so keen to defend Somalia, would you consider moving there? - they have a spread of abilities the same as every other racial group in the school. I just hope none of them find a way on here to see what this representation of enlightened middle England thinks should happen to the rest of their families back home. I wonder how many Somalians (or Muslims) either of you know. I actually know a few to be fair. What that has to do with anything i don't know.

I don't think DWB is advocating any of them ARE terrorists, he's merely saying IF any were, they wouldn't broadcast it. But looks as though you've missed that one

Hello J, Chuckles here.
If you read what I've said carefully you'll see that I haven't said that none of the families would hold extremist views. I have said that it is a peaceful community which, taken as a whole, is true. Dealing with protesters is always a chancy business anyway and has to be handled with care. I posted in the first place because I didn't like the post above saying that the UN should bomb Somalia to smithereens. Is that what you think should happen?

Who said that? I think a quick re-read of my post will show i did not say that.

I think it was or should have been obvioius what i said was said in a quippy way.

I don't think DWB is advocating any of them ARE terrorists, he's merely saying IF any were, they wouldn't broadcast it. But looks as though you've missed that one

Didn't miss it - read what I've said. As for wanting to live in Somalia - no I wouldn't. So what? That doesn't affect the argument in the slightest.

Who said that? I think a quick re-read of my post will show i did not say that.

I think it was or should have been obvioius what i said was said in a quippy way.

This is what you said:

It's a wonder the UN hasn't just taken the decision to bomb the ****er back to the stoneage.

I'm glad that you only wanted it to be "quippy" because personally I found it offensive. If I'm being over sensitive I apologise but I'm working with kids who escaped and worry about their relations who are still there. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. If I've misunderstood you then I apologise.

Bless, aren't you just a ****ing hero eh??

Nice! I thought this thread needed a bit of balance but I seem to be in a minority of one so I think I'll call it a day!

Last edited:

You've "quipped" about bombing other countries previously too. If it really is a joke it's not funny and if it really is your answer then you're also part of the problem.

You've "quipped" about bombing other countries previously too. If it really is a joke it's not funny and if it really is your answer then you're also part of the problem.

Perhaps he means if bombing other countries would save British lives then why not do it.

Back