• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Didn't miss it - read what I've said. As for wanting to live in Somalia - no I wouldn't. So what? That doesn't affect the argument in the slightest.

I'm glad that you only wanted it to be "quippy" because personally I found it offensive. If I'm being over sensitive I apologise but I'm working with kids who escaped and worry about their relations who are still there. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. If I've misunderstood you then I apologise.

Well, as they say, that's life mate. We all have different feelings/ideaology/beliefs/ways of doing things and because of that you will always offend some people. I didn't set out to personally insult you, so i don't know why you've taken it so offensively? If you were from Somalia, then i could probably understand. We've had various threads in the past where people have slated places like Leeds for example. Thing is, i know people from Leeds, but that doesn't offend me. I know Leeds is a ********. Just like you should know Somalia is ALSO a ********. Hence why i asked you, would you go out there? Of course the answer being 'no' because you know it's a nasty place.

I'm sure the kids you work with are very decent etc etc but that doesn't change the fact that Somalia is a cess pit.Yes it's a shame for the kids and people who are innocent, but that is the harsh reality of a third world country. I'm sure there are some decent people, who don't harbour any ideas of becoming a pirate, or wielding a assault rifle all day, but the place has a very high population of scum living there.

I don't think DWB is advocating any of them ARE terrorists, he's merely saying IF any were, they wouldn't broadcast it. But looks as though you've missed that one

Can't give you green at the mo Nik, but thanks for reading my post correctly and pointing out what I was saying.

You've "quipped" about bombing other countries previously too. If it really is a joke it's not funny and if it really is your answer then you're also part of the problem.

Part of the problem? I thought the problem was the fact that the country is a wartorn wasteland where a large portion of the inhabitants are lawless, chaotic animals who are intent on causing violence and fear, and basically just don't have the skills to fit into our civilised way of life. I don't recall being any part of that, therefore i fail to see how i'm part of the problem.
Let me guess, they are the innocent one's though right?

Well graysblue, let's just be glad that you're not on the UN Security Council then. This is pretty offensive stuff. I teach quite a few Somali kids. They are among the lucky ones whose families have managed to get away from a war-torn country. Some of them are quite disturbed, as you would expect given what many of them have seen, but at the end of the day they are kids no matter where they are from. And, incidentally, they don't have 'stone age' mentalities - they have a spread of abilities the same as every other racial group in the school. I just hope none of them find a way on here to see what this representation of enlightened middle England thinks should happen to the rest of their families back home. I wonder how many Somalians (or Muslims) either of you know.

All I can say to you is that our head is a Muslim who is on the Muslim Council and has the CBE for her services to education. She has given regular interviews to the national press deploring the actions of Al Queda and exposing the hypocrisy of the small numbers of Muslim youths who accept the prosperity of this country but seek to damage it. She has had her articles used in form lessons and English lessons. Parental groups are frequently consulted on all aspects of school life (OFSTED graded us 'outstanding' in this regard) and they support her on this issue as well as her general leadership. Sure, there are Muslims around with strong anti-Western views but I have problems when assumptions are made about racial groups based on a minority of their number. Just because I am a 1/4 Jewish Scot with an Aberdonian father doesn't make me mean with money....although I do use the Martin's Money Saving Expert website........

That is all very nice but it does not mean that your Muslim head isn't part of a terrorist sleeper cell awaiting orders. They integrate into society. What better way to integrate than to show abhoration for the very thing they are aiming at. I am NOT for one minute suggesting your Head is a terrorist, just pointing out that being prominent in a community does not mean you don't have a hidden agenda.

That is all very nice but it does not mean that your Muslim head isn't part of a terrorist sleeper cell awaiting orders. They integrate into society. What better way to integrate than to show abhoration for the very thing they are aiming at. I am NOT for one minute suggesting your Head is a terrorist, just pointing out that being prominent in a community does not mean you don't have a hidden agenda.

Which is exactly what happened at Fort Hood in Texas a few months ago, when the doctor who was also a Major(?) killed 13 and maimed more in a terrorist attack.

Which is exactly what happened at Fort Hood in Texas a few months ago, when the doctor who was also a Major(?) killed 13 and maimed more in a terrorist attack.

Harold Shipman was a White mass murdering GP, do you not trust your GP because of this ? (and percentage wise the number of white GPs who have killed is greater than the number of Muslims who have killed)

Harold Shipman was a White mass murdering GP, do you not trust your GP because of this ? (and percentage wise the number of white GPs who have killed is greater than the number of Muslims who have killed)

Shipman was a respected member of society yet a mass murderer, you are correct.. We are not saying don't trust anyone, you are making something that isn't there. We are saying that no matter how trusted someone is, they can have a hidden agenda. GBJ was just using the doctor/major in the US army as an example.The original point was made that a muslim head couldn't be a terrorist because she had an MBE or whatever. Our argument was as above, no matter how respected, anything can happen, that's it. Nothing about never trusting a muslim, doctor, whoever, you brought that to the discussion yourself.

Actually no, i don't trust my GP lol, but that's 'cos he's a total tosspot.

And in any case, it doesn't matter what race/colour/creed/religion you are, if you're willing to take a life, you are a ****.

Shipman was a respected member of society yet a mass murderer, you are correct.. We are not saying don't trust anyone, you are making something that isn't there. We are saying that no matter how trusted someone is, they can have a hidden agenda. GBJ was just using the doctor/major in the US army as an example.The original point was made that a muslim head couldn't be a terrorist because she had an MBE or whatever. Our argument was as above, no matter how respected, anything can happen, that's it. Nothing about never trusting a muslim, doctor, whoever, you brought that to the discussion yourself.

Exactly....

Proabably the wording lead to the conclusion.

On the Major btw theres evidence to show he made that decision on his own through a combination of fear , and massive attack of being torn between his belifs , and his situation, which made him go "postal"

Sleepers have been in use for centuries by governments kings empires etc . The issue is not as some one stated British lives are worth more then other nations but if human lives are worth more then ideals , can we honestly say that we should bomb others just incase they may make people who attack us , or concentrate on those withe teh ability to attack rather then the potential ?

Proabably the wording lead to the conclusion.

On the Major btw theres evidence to show he made that decision on his own through a combination of fear , and massive attack of being torn between his belifs , and his situation, which made him go "postal"

Sleepers have been in use for centuries by governments kings empires etc . The issue is not as some one stated British lives are worth more then other nations but if human lives are worth more then ideals , can we honestly say that we should bomb others just incase they may make people who attack us , or concentrate on those withe teh ability to attack rather then the potential ?

Agreed, human lives are worth far more than any ideals, but you don't see Brits blowing themselves up in Muslim countries though do you? We send troops into countries who are a threat to our nation, that isn't any ideal, that is protecting your citizens from attack.

I know I've said I'd call it a day but having read some of this I have to start replying again!

Perhaps he means if bombing other countries would save British lives then why not do it.

Yeah, good plan! It's worked really well in the past for Britain and the US - Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan.......

I didn't set out to personally insult you, so i don't know why you've taken it so offensively? If you were from Somalia, then i could probably understand.

It's called empathy. And you can have it for all sorts of people, not just yourself. And before you make the point yourself - yes, you should have it in spades for the victims of terrorists and for the British soldiers killed in action and for their familes. I hate it as much as anyone but bombing countries won't stop it.

You are wise to urge caution. At the next governors' finance sub committee I shall be on the look out in case there is a budget heading called 'Al Qaeda Slush Fund'.;)

I know I've said I'd call it a day but having read some of this I have to start replying again!

Yeah, good plan! It's worked really well in the past for Britain and the US - Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan.......

It's called empathy. And you can have it for all sorts of people, not just yourself. And before you make the point yourself - yes, you should have it in spades for the victims of terrorists and for the British soldiers killed in action and for their familes. I hate it as much as anyone but bombing countries won't stop it.

You are wise to urge caution. At the next governors' finance sub committee I shall be on the look out in case there is a budget heading called 'Al Qaeda Slush Fund'.;)

Oh dear, I think you will find there has been one of those for a long time, just called a different name so you suspect nothing :p

Agreed, human lives are worth far more than any ideals, but you don't see Brits blowing themselves up in Muslim countries though do you? We send troops into countries who are a threat to our nation, that isn't any ideal, that is protecting your citizens from attack.

You do however get them doing Black Op's to achieve their governments intrest (and this is pre teh troubles we have now ) and some how deciding that a country with no massive capabilty to actually achieve any form of invaision or WMD type destruction isnt really that much of a threat as they maybe made out.

But the world needs bad guys , otherwise we are we fight against or for .

We sent troops to Iraq who were no threat to us, despite Blair's lies to the contrary. As a consequence and IMO Blair & Bush have the blood of 1000's of Iraqis, and our own brave troops on their hands.

Part of the problem? I thought the problem was the fact that the country is a wartorn wasteland where a large portion of the inhabitants are lawless, chaotic animals who are intent on causing violence and fear, and basically just don't have the skills to fit into our civilised way of life. I don't recall being any part of that, therefore i fail to see how i'm part of the problem.
Let me guess, they are the innocent one's though right?

That's not the problem it's the outcome of the problem.

What is meant by "our civilised way of life" and why should Somalis fit into it in Somalia? Or would their adherence simply mean you stop advocating bombing them? Perhaps you should pop over and educate them, show them how civil we all are and assure them that none of our elected politicians, for example, would use expenses for their own personal gain. Far too civilsed for that aren't we?

That's not the problem it's the outcome of the problem.

What is meant by "our civilised way of life" and why should Somalis fit into it in Somalia? Or would their adherence simply mean you stop advocating bombing them? Perhaps you should pop over and educate them, show them how civil we all are and assure them that none of our elected politicians, for example, would use expenses for their own personal gain. Far too civilsed for that aren't we?

As Ghandi said when asked about Western Civilisation " Yes that would be a good idea".

The roots of these issues do come from (and not just UK, US , FRNACE , GERMANY , Russia, Spain etc etc ) but manipulation from countries that thought they were civilised and went and nicked resources , plundered peoples , (because they were savage ?!?) and imposed "Democracey" on to them .

The road to hell is pathed with good intentions .

Back