• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Danny Baker on 606

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
Anyone else hear his Tuesday night show? Just listened to the podcast on the way into work today and he said how everything went slightly darker across the country when we equalised against Chelsea because everyone was throwing their hats into the air in celebration :)

He also went on to have a pop at ITVs coverage of the game with just a brief snippet of the goals - he was saying that the whole country was waiting to see more of Chelsea being humbled by us.

Brief snippets were fine by me; it made it seem we almost matched them on attacks, whereas in fact we spent the whole game relying on resolute defence and woeful finishing.

Brief snippets were fine by me; it made it seem we almost matched them on attacks, whereas in fact we spent the whole game relying on resolute defence and woeful finishing.

Which for the neutral would have made it all the funnier...

Thanks for this. Didn't realise he was back on 606. And on Podacst too? I shall download this evening.

Yeah, I heard it. Quality. 'The Game' podcast also gave us a good mention and said that Scolari is use to the beaches and the sun of Rio... and now he can go to Southend seafront, enjoy Peter Pan's Adventure Island and see the longest pleasure pier in the world.

Baker is top quality.

Glad he's back on Radio 5, although he'll probably be sacked again soon for saying something true that upsets the football aristocracy.

To me, lately, he sounds very much like Jonathon Ross. Talks faster than he used to. Maybe it's just me getting slower!

Agree with the ITV comment. They are all a bunch of idiots, I think we got the same amount of replays than in a league game on the championship!

Since Talk Sport sacked James Whale show I listen to 5Live on week nights after 10pm and yes I heard it on Tues night
Top Bloke Danny Baker talks about lower league football... shame and stangely Tim Lovejoy kept very quite mentioning his chelsea last night ....

Back