• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dosent matter to me who the player is , giving them a trial to have a look at them is good,far out weighs just signing them on past record. PB knows the sort of playershes looking for and im sure he wont sign any one willy nilly.

Why are we still looking at Wingers.

I feel like PB picks a position a season and then goes out to find as many people in that position as he can.

We have Weston, Worrall. Hurst, Holdsworth and possibly McLaughin......

I feel like PB picks a position a season and then goes out to find as many people in that position as he can.

I can't see Hurst playing much next season, he seems to have fallen out of favour. Weston is more of a impact sub. Wordsworth is more of a central playmaker. McLaughlin for some reason has gone off the radar a bit.

Reg or Dean? :smile:

Indeed. Good question. I was thinking the same. Wasn't there a time under Tilson when we seemed to be signing nothing but wingers as well.

I can only guess/presume that there could be a combination of factors such as McLaughlin is unlikely to join us and perhaps Hurst has very little future at the club.

Still there is little harm in giving someone a trial .... and we could always unearth a Cokerish gem of a player however unlikely that might seem.

Given it was only 20 or so minutes in a friendly today, he was pretty effective at losing the ball and being completely ineffective every time he picked it up. Seemed to be trying almost too hard.

Yeah wasn't impressed on that, hard to impress in such a short period and game was very flat by then.

Set for another week, Zubar won't be so lucky.

Zubar did an awful challenge on their #12, I thought Galbraith was worth a bit longer, reminded me a lot of Conor Clifford in physique and Hurst a few years back in style.

Zubar did an awful challenge on their #12, I thought Galbraith was worth a bit longer, reminded me a lot of Conor Clifford in physique and Hurst a few years back in style.

Galbraith offered nothing. Can't see why we want to give him more time. We need a striker, not another winger

Galbraith offered nothing. Can't see why we want to give him more time. We need a striker, not another winger

We are talking to two strikers, not sure why we cant look at wingers too.

If Mclaughlin doesnt come off we do need another wide player, not sure Galbraith is the answer though.

Back