• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
For weeks now we have been banging on about the lack of a natural goalscorer. Today we face one in Master Hylton, someone who scores for fun, has a few under his belt already this season and quite often finds the net against the Blues. I have posted on here before about us signing him but, alas, like my pleas to start Payne in a league match, it has fallen on deaf ears. As much as I'd like him to mis-fire and Payney steal the points I have an orrible gut feeling that our tiny magician will watch forlornly from the bench while Hylton does it instead.

Agree Danny Hylton is someone that would get us goals. Unfortunately, scoring goals isn't a big priority for Brown.

Don't expect Payne to start today either

Scored one in five over his career and has been banned before for racial abuse.

Definitely what we need.

If so, I might put a £10 insurance bet on Oxford to win, I am happy to lose £10 if Southend win!

Agree Danny Hylton is someone that would get us goals. Unfortunately, scoring goals isn't a big priority for Brown.

Don't expect Payne to start today either

Its still early doors this season and anything can still happen but if Payne does not start today I will be calling for PB to go. What more can a player do to gt himself selected? It would basically tell the youths and reserves that no matter what you do I have no intention of playing you and will stick with the side that has not produced.

We tried to sign him before if I remember correctly. Always used to hate him because he always seemed to score against us for Aldersh*t.

Its still early doors this season and anything can still happen but if Payne does not start today I will be calling for PB to go. What more can a player do to gt himself selected? It would basically tell the youths and reserves that no matter what you do I have no intention of playing you and will stick with the side that has not produced.

Agree with you totally. PB now needs to produce. If he doesn't, I can see RM getting rid of him. If we can all see we are lacking fire power, RM can see ir. If we can all see that Payne is bringing something to the team that isn't currently there, RM can see that as well.

If so, I might put a £10 insurance bet on Oxford to win, I am happy to lose £10 if Southend win!
This is how to football! Win-win!

Been doing this myself over the last few seasons. Nothing as extravgant as a tenner a game though.

just people were saying he won't start then he does

I think you will find it is PB who should apologise. The fact that fans have become so used to PB not selecting on form is an indictment of the selection policy. So today he has done the right thing and it is about time to.

So I half-called it, Payne was sitting forlornly on the bench watching as Hylton scored, but thankfully after he had already notched himself. But in backing the two of them to score in 90 mins (6/1 and 2/1 respectively - plus the draw at 12/5) the day was more than paid for. As grating as Hylton is museshrimper he could have scored a hat-trick today and I seem to remember than one of our best ever goalscorers, namely Stevie Phillips, was not the first person I'd invite round for tea.

Sorry have we gone stark raving mad on here? Are we talking about the very same Danny Hylton who has scored 43 goals in 209 career games? So an average of 1 in 5? Therefore a magnificent 9 a season average? And this for a penalty taker too (certainly at Aldershot and Oxford anyway!). Sorry from the sound of it I thought we were talking about Pelé or something.....

Bonkers, there are no other words. If someone like Hylton came in I'd be extremely disappointed in the calibre of player we were looking to attract.

Sorry have we gone stark raving mad on here? Are we talking about the very same Danny Hylton who has scored 43 goals in 209 career games? So an average of 1 in 5? Therefore a magnificent 9 a season average? And this for a penalty taker too (certainly at Aldershot and Oxford anyway!). Sorry from the sound of it I thought we were talking about Pelé or something.....

Bonkers, there are no other words. If someone like Hylton came in I'd be extremely disappointed in the calibre of player we were looking to attract.

This is shrimperzone remember. Bonkers is normal

Bonkers, there are no other words. If someone like Hylton came in I'd be extremely disappointed in the calibre of player we were looking to attract.[/QUOTE]

....how many of our players got 4/5 shots on target today ?

We attracted that proven goalscorer Lee Barnard didn't we?HMMM

Michael Appleton says it was a stonewall penalty and then Danny Hylton apologises to Prosser and admits he dived and never touched him.

#Awkward :hilarious:

Back