• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Bath City 0 Exeter City 4 (Logan 8, Dunne 68, Watson 81, 87)

Bath City were well beaten by an impressive Exeter City outfit at Twerton Park tonight.

Adie Britton's men struggled to impose themselves against Football League opposition, who looked more comfortable on the ball and a more cohesive unit.

City included two of their summer signings in defence, Luke Ruddick and Danny Webb, but neither covered themselves in glory in the eighth minute when Exeter took the lead with the simplest of goals.

Ruddick allowed full-back Steve Tully to cross from the right and Richard Logan was left completely unmarked ten yards out to put a free header past Ryan Robinson.

The home keeper then could only stand and watch as Exeter trialist Jamie Cureton, formerly of Bristol Rovers, fizzed a long-range shot just past the far post in the 20th minute.

City had struggled to get a foothold in the game in the opening stages but could have had a penalty in the 25th minute when Scott Golbourne appeared to handle a knockdown by Gethin Jones. However, referee Richard Martin immediately waved away their appeals.

But Exeter were still looking the better team and home defender Webb was fortunate not to put through his own net as he attempted to clear Ryan Harley's cross.

Robinson then had to produce two fine saves in quick succession to deny Logan and Matt Taylor before City launched a quick break through Kaid Mohamed, who fired his shot straight at visiting keeper Paul Jones when he could have teed up trialist Mitchell Taylor.

Mohamed went close again a couple of minutes later, his angled drive just missing the far post after taking the slightest of deflections off an Exeter defender.

City boss Adie Britton rang the changes at half-time, sending on Bristol City legend Scott Murray for his debut following his move to Twerton Park.

Another new signing, striker Jake Reid, replaced Lee Phillips and Hector Mackie came on for the quiet Bryant, while trialist keeper Terry Burton was given another chance to impress.

And he did just that in the 53rd minute, diving low to his right to tip Harley's shot around the post following a quality lay-off by Cureton.

The trialist striker then glanced a header narrowly wide from a free-kick, moments after Exeter boss Paul Tisdale had sent on his first three subs of the night - James Dunne, Jake Thomson and Scott Bennett.

It was the start of a flurry of changes on both sides, with Cureton visibly disappointed when he was replaced in the 62nd minute.

The changes inevitably disrupted the flow of the game but sub James Norwood could have doubled Exeter's lead, only to put a free header well off target.

However, the visitors did make it 2-0 in the 68th minute when a low cross from the right fell kindly for Dunne, who sidefooted home from close range.

City had created few chances but sub Darren Edwards did well to forge a shooting opportunity five minutes later, only to see his effort go over the bar.

But Ben Watson was more accurate with his 25-yard strike in the 81st minute, his fine effort on the turn beating static keeper Burton all ends up.

And the Exeter sub was on target again with three minutes remaining, albeit from much closer range as he forced the ball under Burton from inside the six-yard box.

BATH CITY: Robinson (Burton 46), Simpson (Rollo 60), Ruddick, Webb, Jones, Harris (Badman 60), Hogg, Jombati (Murray 46), Phillips (Reid 46), Mohamed (Edwards 63), Bryant (Mackie 46). Subs not used: Coupe, Klukowski, Rieck.

EXETER CITY: P Jones (Krysiak 62), Tully (Bennett 55), Duffy, Taylor (Thomson 55), Harley (Cozie 66), Noble (Dunne 55), Logan (Watson 62), Golbourne (Heath 66), Cureton (Norwood 62), B Jones, Sercombe (Shephard 66)

theirs danny webb and daniel webb two different players, daniel is dave webbs son not danny.

thats what i said, daniel webb is dave webbs son not danny, daniel webb used to play for us in southend, one of the biggest donkeys ever ha ha.

theirs a danny webb who played for leamington last season as my mate mark bellingham was playing for them and he has now gone to hednesford, good striker and should of played for southend instead of chelmsford and now plays in the midlands, getting on a bit now tho, was leagues top scorer last season, my old manager from norwich keith webb was looking at him when he was manager of kings lynn to they went to the dogs, still a great player tho.

theirs a danny webb who played for leamington last season as my mate mark bellingham was playing for them and he has now gone to hednesford, good striker and should of played for southend instead of chelmsford and now plays in the midlands, getting on a bit now tho, was leagues top scorer last season, my old manager from norwich keith webb was looking at him when he was manager of kings lynn to they went to the dogs, still a great player tho.

if you're mates with bellingham, his old man taught me french and mark was in same year as me, before moving schools.

different player altogether though the webb you mean - trust me!

Back