• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Darlington defender suffers bleed on the brain during tie at Blues

How did he suffer the injury, hard to see from where we were but certainly didn’t look well and could barely walk

I wish him well and that he makes as quick a recovery as possoble .And yes its sd to know that there are some morons who have no thought for the safty of the player or his family .

Couldn’t really see how it happened but I wish the lad a full recovery.

Reactions: gpd
Agreed. A shame some morons behind me thought it was funny to chant ‘let him die’ and mimic him throwing up.
Yeah, there were some kids at the back of the East Blacks where I was doing that. I also remember hearing about some laughter and chants when the ref Mike North fell over and died on the pitch (I wasn't at that game) until after a few seconds it was realised how serious it was.

Sadly, these are fairly standard reactions and chants aimed at injured (and sometimes "injured") opposition players who, let's face it, go down in a heavy gust of wind sometimes. However, where it is obvious that it is a serious matter, then pretty much all fans stop the banter. No-one wants to see any player seriously hurt. I don't like the chants, because from our viewpoints we never know the situation.

Re Almond yesterday, none of us knew how serious it was at that time although a few of us, seeing him barely able to walk past and in some distress, thought it was something definitely not normal football injury related and so clapped him.

Horrible for the lad and I hope he fully recovers.

Looks like the lad suffered a head injury last summer, as a rear passenger in a car accident, and it has taken him quite a while to get back. Really heartbreaking stuff, hope he makes a full and swift recovery.

While emotions are running high, I don't think people ought to get too angry about the immediate reactions of fans or the cameraman - nobody would have known how serious this was and as FBM says normal practice for a "lower" club at Roots Hall is to feign injury and go down as often as possible to disrupt the game.

But it now makes clear why their players were so angry with the cameraman and it's fully understandable - the cameraman though clearly didn't take kindly to being spoken to the way he was and reacted.

I think in the cold light of day, all concerned can be forgiven and focus ought to be on hoping for the best for the player.

Back