• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Darlington goals

Cheers for putting the goals up what a great strike from Bentley. Like someone already said, couldnt we put the goals up every week for those that missed the game?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 14 2004,10:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 14 2004,11:27)]That says an awful lot for how much Bentley has progressed since he's been at the club.
This fact... as well as other signings... shows how good Tilly / Brush are as well at:

1. Spotting good players

2. Developing their potential.
Tilly has had a scouting network ever since Dec/Jan time. I get the feeling he already knows what players he wants to bring in at the summer but it all depends on whether 1) there is a fee involved 2) wages 3) whether clubs will let players go (e.g. Petts, Hunt and Nicky).

I can see about 5/6 players being released in the summer and i think we may already have 3 permenant replacements (hopefully). I think that Clark, Robbo, Wilson, Stuart and Macca are definetly off. Husbands and Emberson will probably be off ... but they do have another year left on their contract. Jenks could be off as well, but i'd like to think that he'd stay here, as he's a great player to have in the squad. The game against Boston (away) proved that.

Tony: I think i can see you in amongst the celebrations with the kids ...

Kev

wink.gif

Dammit, my pc doesn't want to recognise the format. What should I be opening the file with?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 14 2004,11:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 14 2004,11:54)]Tony: I think i can see you in amongst the celebrations with the kids ...
a disturbing image, n'est-ce pas?
Indeed. He looks almost ... lost!!

Kev

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ April 14 2004,12:24)]Dammit, my pc doesn't want to recognise the format.  What should I be opening the file with?
You need Windows Media Player probably version 8 onwards.

Works with version 7 but not the standard 6.4 that a lot of people still rely on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 14 2004,12:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 14 2004,11:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 14 2004,11:54)]Tony: I think i can see you in amongst the celebrations with the kids ...
a disturbing image, n'est-ce pas?
Indeed. He looks almost ... lost!!

Kev

biggrin.gif
Chit now I definitely need to see the clip - can someone reformat it in a peasants window media format ?

Yes it's true Leeboy and I got well and truly caught up in the atmosphere on Monday which was the best I can remember in a league game for far too long. Makes a change from us fumbling and trying to win soggy biscuit.

As soon as the Gower goal hit the back of the net we were both off our seats running down to the front. (Kids ? Us ?)

I suspect the 'almost looks lost' comment relates to the fact that after a couple of seconds reality kicked in and I realised that a 37 year old probably looked well out of place amongst the spots and burberries.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 14 2004,10:27)]Agreed.  Warren has "captain" written all over him.  Kev's only ever led "by example"... and when that example has been a bit half-arsed on occasion, that feeds through to the whole side.
Sorry, I completely disagree. Kev may not be the most animated of people, but he never shuts up. He is constantly talking to the rest of the team. Giving them a gee up when they need it, and directing them all over the pitch.

Just because he isn't "loud" about it doesn't mean it should be ignored. If you get a chance/remember, take five minutes out at the next game you go to and watch him.

As for his inconsistency. I'd agree that sometimes he plays better than others. But so does everyone, and even when he is having a less good game he is still one of the better players in the team.

If he is such a bad player why is he the only player over the last few years that other teams (eg Borient) have offered money for? Why also, is he the one that opposition fans talk about after the game? Nearly all the friends I have who support lower league teams (not many these days) know about him and pick him out as our best player.

I have to say though that I think he has been pushed hard this season by Gower and Connie.....Warren for me has had a good 2nd half of the season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 15 2004,08:54)]Yes it's true Leeboy and I got well and truly caught up in the atmosphere on Monday which was the best I can remember in a league game for far too long. As soon as the Gower goal hit the back of the net we were both off our seats running down to the front. (Kids ? Us ?)

I suspect the 'almost looks lost' comment relates to the fact that after a couple of seconds reality kicked in and I realised that a 37 year old probably looked well out of place amongst the spots and burberries.  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
best celebration I have seen in fecking ages, all the players really seemed to appreciate the noise and singing that we had given them throughout the second half, and it showed when they allowed 'us' to touch 'them'.Indeed, I had a good handful of Drewes shirt.

Likewise Tone, I had to remember that I was 30 and should be setting an example to the Youth!

And I agree with Dave, Gower's goal was defo from outside the box, almost near the corner flag.................until I saw it on Anglia and it was 6 yards out........
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ April 15 2004,11:16)]And I agree with Dave, Gower's goal was defo from outside the box, almost near the corner flag.................until I saw it on Anglia and it was 6 yards out........
rock.gif
I can't believe it was worth their while doctoring the tapes. Maybe they just made an inaccurate re-enactment using actors but the actors, obviously, couldn't score a goal to do it justice.

Back