• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Darlo

coventryshrimper

Youth Team
Apparantly (according to the BBC) they are on the verge of signing ANOTHER THREE players.

They already have Petta, Armstong, Wynjhard, Hignett...

close to administration last year, and now this - they mush be flashing a fair bit of cash.

something very dodge going on methinks

I must admit i wondered how they managed to sign them players, surely there wage bill must match most league 1 sides.

All very well if it wins you promotion and attracts big crowds but it seems they are doing neither.

Rich Benefactor?
rock.gif

Dodgy is right. The club had been taken over by The Sterling Consortium after they forced George 'safe-cracker' Reynolds, the old Darlo chairman, into bankruptcy. The consortium put over three million into keeping the club alive after the disastrous decision to build their fantastic new stadium on a shoe-string. They have also lent money to Barnsley, Carlisle, Chesterfield, Cambridge and Scarborough. Each time the loan has been secured by the stadiums. Each time the consortium has crippled the clubs with outlandish charges and its normally ben the fans that have rallied and bailed their club out. So for a minimum investment they own Darlo, a great stadium and land. Remind you of anyone. When Darlo's bubble bursts I would not like to be close to the fall-out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Feb. 24 2005,15:52)]They have also lent money to Barnsley, Carlisle, Chesterfield, Cambridge and Scarborough.
Crumbs... a litany of clubs which, apart from Chesterfield, have looked deeply screwed for quite some time...

oops.gif
down.gif

Seeing that their gates aren't exactly that large, they must be breaking their wage cap - I can't imagine players of the quality they have playing for pittance....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Feb. 24 2005,16:49)]Seeing that their gates aren't exactly that large, they must be breaking their wage cap - I can't imagine players of the quality they have playing for pittance....
Thats what I was thinking.

Just over two thousand fans watched their match with Swansea on tuesday night. We had the second biggest attendance in the division on tuesday, behind Yeovil Vs Scunthorpe.

Back