• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Darryl at Crystal Palace

sussex by the sea

SZ Fantasy League Champ 08/09.
Went to see Crawley play Crystal Palace last night. Palace were reportedly bringing their first team squad so I didn't expect to see much of Daryl :) but in fact he played the full 90 minutes in a 1-1 draw.

He looked pretty solid and seemed to get a good reception from the Palace fans especially after he dealt with a dodgy back pass very well. He was beaten by a penalty which was well taken and his main moment of alarm was when he seemed to lose a stud and fell over as Crawley attacked. Other than that he seemed more vocal in shouting to his defenders than normal although that was maybe because I couldn't normally hear him in the Roots Hall cauldron.

The first choice goalkeeper Speroni was watching the game and I think I read he was the Palace Player of the Year last season so presumably Daryl will do well to dislodge him from the first team.

"couldn't normally hear him in the Roots Hall cauldron" :D :clap:

I'm glad he seems to have got off to a good start, and I'm pleased for him. Good luck Daryl, and thanks for everything!

good to hear darryl playing and do well at palace. best of luck to him.

Darryl might aswell make the most of his playing time in friendlies.

Its gunna be cold in them stands in the winter

Back