• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Data recovery

Supernaut

And I used to be a citizen⭐
Can anyone recommend someone who can do data recovery from a failed external hard drive? Preferably in the Leigh/Southend area.

A long time ago there used to be a place on Queens Road that did this. I have absolutely no idea if they still exist though.

A long time ago there used to be a place on Queens Road that did this. I have absolutely no idea if they still exist though.
A quick Google search throws up Solidisk on Queens Road. Lots of dead links on their website though, not a good look for an IT company :-/

A quick Google search throws up Solidisk on Queens Road. Lots of dead links on their website though, not a good look for an IT company :-/

Ahh ok. My dad used them on a completely ****ed hard drive and they did a good job. Sounds like they're not there any more.

Ahh ok. My dad used them on a completely ****ed hard drive and they did a good job. Sounds like they're not there any more.
I'll try to give them a call tomorrow before dismissing them entirely. Thanks for the tip anyway.

Also, if anyone finds a company that sets up an automatic way of wiping your hard drives and browser history when you pop your clogs, then I might be interested...

There's a computer repair shop near Thames Drive along the London Road (on the left towards Southend) that does all sorts of stuff. I have enquired of them before about recovering files from a corrupt USB so it may be that they can help also. Certainly worth a phone call, I think this is them http://www.customitsolutions.co.uk/

Back