• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Date and Time of Chelsea!

simac21

Coach
with seven london clubs being pulled out at home when will our game against chelski be played?
friday night i dont think cos chelsea wouldnt want that!
saturday 4 times of kick off 12 pm, 1:30pm, 3pm and 5:30pm
sunday 3 times if i remember last years fa cup! 12pm, 2pm and 6pm

police will be in control i think on when this game takes place!

I reckon it will be on the sunday with kick off at 2 p.m. Keep your fingers crossed theres no track maintenance work between leigh and pitsea.

I'm now starting to think it might be televised. Maybe 5pm on saturday night.

Me too Ulysses: Every time the draw comes on TV, "Southend had the plum draw"...

whatever the day whatever the time i will be there 110%!!! BLUESSSSSSS

I'm now starting to think it might be televised. Maybe 5pm on saturday night.

I'd be surprised if this one was on TV. Whilst it is a mouth watering affair for us Shrimpers, it's not exactly going to flood the trousers of many other neutral football fans..... Macc at home to Everton or Preston at home to Liverpool look far more attractive TV ties.

If we were at home, I'd imagine it would be one for the camera's, but at Stamfrd Bridge, I doubt many would bet on an upset

Setanta are showing 3 live games from the 3rd round & ITV I think are showing one. I did at first think it might not be a live game but with 4 live games there is still an outside chance we could be picked.

I heard that Tilly has applied for the kick off to be at 2.11 am on Sunday 4 Jan.

Apparently he became enthused re the record breaking effort last weekend of putting a kid in nappies on the pitch for 3 seconds and has sought to go for another with this new record.

If he gets his wish Femi Orenuja will stand a good chance of playing as he will be the only one up at that hour unable to sleep being excited still about all of his Christmas presents.:thump:

People, a reality check. As much as we all love Southend United there isn't a cat in hells chance of this being anywhere close to a live game on national TV.

The real London problems are in the East with Arsenal, Spurs, Orient and West Ham all being at home. Having Sheffield United playing just over the road to West Ham has some interesting policing connotations - so one of them will be a Sunday, similarly, Arsenal and Spurs can't play at the same time on the same day, so one of them will too be moved.

Two of games have been announced as:

Saturday 3 January 2009
5.25pm on ITV1
Preston North End v Liverpool

Sunday 4 January 2009
4.00pm on Setanta Sports 1
Southampton v Manchester United

Sunday 4 January 2009
4.00pm on Setanta Sports 1
Southampton v Manchester United

Absolutely ridiculous that one...

That game won't finish till 5:45/6ish, Meaning people driving back to Manchester from Southampton won't get home till around Midnight on a Sunday night.

I see common sense prevails over TV rights as always...

When have the fans ever been taken into consideration when there;'s Sky/Sentanta money involved?

Absolutely ridiculous that one...

That game won't finish till 5:45/6ish, Meaning people driving back to Manchester from Southampton won't get home till around Midnight on a Sunday night.

I see common sense prevails over TV rights as always...

Sadly you are overlooking the point that the FA have not run football for many years. This has been in the hands of the TV companies & police.

Back