• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dave Lambert, R.I.P.

Tributes paid to Blues fan Dave Lambert following his death, aged 46​

Dave Lambert 1.jpg
Family Man - tributes have been paid to Southend United fan David Lambert
The keen Shrimpers fan passed away at the end of November after losing his battle with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.

And Dave’s family and friends celebrated his life by having scarves and t-shirts made with his name on before also chanting his name throughout the 46th minute of Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Altrincham at Roots Hall.

Dave’s close friends paid tribute in a statement to the Echo.

It said: “Southend United have lost one of their long serving and loyal supporters.

“A season ticket holder for over 30 years, Dave travelled home and away, often taking Ted, his father, and young sons.

“A strapping lad, he could always be seen in the East Stand greens cheering on his beloved Shrimpers and enjoying the hospitality of the Far Post Bar with his long-time friends.”

Away from Roots Hall, Dave was a firefighter with the Hertfordshire Fire Service for 22 years.

He was stationed at Cheshunt and more recently Potters Bar.

He earned many commendations for bravery and going above and beyond the call of duty.

Dave Lambert 2.jpg
Paying Tribute - Dave Lambert's family and friends at Saturday's game
And father of three Dave, who lived in Billericay, also loved to spend time with his children.

The statement added: “He was very much a family man.

“When he was not working, he loved being a proud dad with them at Roots Hall or travelling with the Blue Army.

“He could often be found taking them on trips and adventures based around a Southend away game.

“Dave was with his loving family until the last.

“He leaves behind his mother Janet, siblings Victoria and Sean and his children, Amelie, Jack and Beau - of whom he loved and was loved by so much.”

Dave's mother Janet echoed those sentiments.

She said: "My beautiful son David left us after a long and cruel battle with cancer.

"I’m so unbelievably proud of him, he didn’t stop fighting until the very end.

"I’m comforted by the fact that he had spent his last days surrounded by all the people who loved him most - his amazing friends, old and new, his firefighter family, his football family, all of us and his children."

Link to full story
Link

That is so sad, Rest in Pease follow Shrimper,

Condolences to your family and friends.

Once a Shrimper, Always a Shrimper

RIP, I saw the celebration of Dave from the west stand, but was unsure what it was for. Had I known I certainly would have joined in the applause.
RIP.

I was sitting in the East Black's just along from it. It certainly was a wonderful tribute and quite rightly got the applause it deserved around us.
I didn't known him personally but certainly recognised the face from being in the Far Post bar at half times.
RIP fellow Shrimper

Didn't know Dave personally but as soon as I saw his picture I knew who he was. A real character around the east stand and in the bar. Such a young age.

RIP to a fellow shrimper.

Dave was a regular face in the East Greens with his kids in tow. He sat in the row in front of me and always exchanged pleasantries with those around him when the football dictated. He loved his football and his kids and his passing will be a great loss to his loved ones and his wider Shrimper family.

RIP Dave.

Very sad news. Didn't know him personally but saw him in the east stand and bar regularly.

Back