• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He's from Yorkshire though, he may get homesick? :winking:

What puzzles me is that we have no money, we are under an embargo, yet we have clearly been spending money on a new pitch at roots hall, upgrade of the training facilities and now we are offering (potentially) Dave Penny employment, plus a new Cheif Scout. Am i the only one confused by all of this?

Another Northerner, hope the scout is at least local based. Dont want a team full of ex darlington and preston players!

What puzzles me is that we have no money, we are under an embargo, yet we have clearly been spending money on a new pitch at roots hall, upgrade of the training facilities and now we are offering (potentially) Dave Penny employment, plus a new Cheif Scout. Am i the only one confused by all of this?

Not a dig at you at all, but I wish people would stop trying to guess what's going on with the club finances because we don't have any of the information available to make a decision or judgement, even if it was our place to do so.

Which isn't being funded by the club.

Not a dig at you at all, but I wish people would stop trying to guess what's going on with the club finances because we don't have any of the information available to make a decision or judgement, even if it was our place to do so.

Thats fine i didnt see it as a dig. I guess there are so many rumours that go around that we all feed off scraps of info. I didnt know that we werent paying for the training ground improvements, so that makes more sense. Thanks for the info guys.

Which isn't being funded by the club.

Interesting - so why was someone alluding to holes in the roof etc. because of non-payment of contractors? Or is it being funded by someone else but project-managed via the club?

Just because we havent paid a bill, doesn't mean we dont have any money. I would have thought lots of people on here (including me) pref not to pay bills until they absolutly have to..

I suspect that some of that, i.e. the assistant manager and chief scout come out of PB's budget, and might mean he has less to spend on players. I don't believe scouts get paid a huge amount though as most of them are ex players that already have a pension. This just supplements their other income. However, if my logic is correct, an assistant manager may mean one less signed player, but one extra loan.

Just because we havent paid a bill, doesn't mean we dont have any money. I would have thought lots of people on here (including me) pref not to pay bills until they absolutly have to..

I would say if we can't pay our bills then we can probably guess we don't have an awful lot of money. You're basically saying that you don't pay your credit card bill until the bailiff knocks on your door ready to take your telly? I'm sure a lot of people on here prefer paying their bills on time and I'm sure Ron would do that if he could, but the amount of winding up orders suggest otherwise.

I do see Shrimperjon's point, the finances are a bit baffling.

Who really knows the state of the club .All you seemed to hear on this site is the club is in trouble .Lots of negative vibes and not to many good news .I would rather hear it thought the horses mouth than gossip .Some of you close to the club may well know more than the rest of us .But I will ask you please stop blowing smoke . And let some of us who have supported the club through thick and thin and have already brought next seasons ticket find out any bad news as it comes out though the media .As it will do as you know bad news travels fast .

Back