• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rob49

First XI
Looks like he could also be another player turning down a contract and leaving.....

Brown confessed that 25-year-old midfielder Worrall had been a part of his plans going into the clash with Bradford: “Dave wasn’t available today with a mystery illness. He was in my starting line up, but I got the news this morning around about ten o’clock from the physio. I’ve offered Dave Worrall a contract. If he thinks the grass is greener on the other side of the fence then so be it, get on with it. As I’ve said, the most important part now is the recruitment, the replacement of Dave Worrall, the replacement of Jack Payne and the replacement of Dan Bentley.”

If Worrall does go it won't be a huge surprise. Had we made the play-offs, or better, it may have been different, but his roots are in the North and that is where I think he will return to, probably during the summer. I will miss the guy if he goes as he is my sort of player, whole hearted and not a little skill.

This is the one I am least sure about of the three. Worrall has indicated in the past that he was disappointed when he thought he wasn't going to get a contract. That now would not appear to be the case as one has been offered, however, his family are still up in the Bury area and we know that Bury were keen to re-sign him.

I'd be disappointed if he didn't sign a new contract with us as I think he is one of our best players and certainly one who can make things happen on the pitch.

I'd certainly like to see him stay, on his day he is a top player at this level.

That said, I know he has some issues off the field and in January it seemed he did want out, although he now seems to want to stay, so suppose it'll be a matter of weighing up how much it is worth offering and hoping it meets his expectations.

For me it's a real worry when quality players are choosing to leave - perhaps when PB sat down and showed them his list of targets for next season they were less than impressed? Really hope not as will be returning from the USA to love back in Essex and have my season ticket lined up already

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes, he nearly went mid-season after all. If he wants to return 'up north' so be it, I'd like him to stay but if he's unsettled it's probably best he moves on.

I like Worrell and can't say a bad word about him but he is someone I think we won't have too much problem replacing.

Another nonsensical statement from Brown who clearly doesn't take rejection well. If Worrall wants out, move him on, but don't be quite so public about it.

Another nonsensical statement from Brown who clearly doesn't take rejection well. If Worrall wants out, move him on, but don't be quite so public about it.

As always if we aren't told what's going on it's wrong and the fans deserve to know, if were told what's going on it's still wrong. He can't win- probably used to it by now so probably like water off a ducks back.

Bentley wants to move on and at this stage of his career many clubs probably have more appeal than we do. Jack Payne likewise. Worrall may go, Bolger as good as gone and Prosser too. That's five first teamers wanting better, wanting away or feeling unwanted. JW is no longer a shoe-in, O'Neill must be disappointed at his opportunities and Timlin has gone from Superman to The Invisible Man. Weston had his moment of magic in the Wembley final, but as anticipated by many, has returned to type and is little more than a fringe player. Kevan Hurst is far from being a regular and Paul Smith may as well buy a season ticket and sit with us fans. That's eleven of our squad.

I know there is a always a turnover of players at a club but by crikey we are in serious need of an overhaul beyond normal expectation. Why is the beggared question?

Would love to see Worrell stay as definitely a player who shines at this level .Should always have been a starter for every game but again only PB knows more than me!

Bentley wants to move on and at this stage of his career many clubs probably have more appeal than we do. Jack Payne likewise. Worrall may go, Bolger as good as gone and Prosser too. That's five first teamers wanting better, wanting away or feeling unwanted. JW is no longer a shoe-in, O'Neill must be disappointed at his opportunities and Timlin has gone from Superman to The Invisible Man. Weston had his moment of magic in the Wembley final, but as anticipated by many, has returned to type and is little more than a fringe player. Kevan Hurst is far from being a regular and Paul Smith may as well buy a season ticket and sit with us fans. That's eleven of our squad.

I know there is a always a turnover of players at a club but by crikey we are in serious need of an overhaul beyond normal expectation. Why is the beggared question?

We probably needed much of that overhaul when we went up but we stayed loyal to the players that took us up. They then over performed this season to get us near the playoffs. PB now has the chance to significantly improve the squad and take a step forward. Sometimes these things are for the best. Don't forget Dave Worrall had dropped to L2 so how strong a L1 player was he?? All be it he has done well for us this year. Most of our squad were recruited when we were L2- now recruiting as a solid L1 club will bring us some upgrades.

Won't be surprised to see Worrall go this summer. Bury made a cheeky offer in January, including extra money if they were promoted.

Not the end of the world for me. The main thing for a wide player is to have some end result going forward. Unfortunately we have not seen enough decent crosses from Mr Worrall. Some have been impressed with his link-up play with Coker but I think they only encourage each other not to cross the ball.

Finally...another Shrimper in Burnham! Welcome to the Dengie!

I know several Shrimpers who live in Burnham! You must of heard of Captain Stella who drinks down the Vic? There is a signed Freddy when we beat Man U up in that pub.

Back