• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dave's cooking corner -Week Three.

DTS

The Business
Morning All,

Week three of the niche post that is Dave's cooking corner. Past weeks we have had the delights of Dave's Oven Rissotto and Gnocchi Pie.....This week is...

SHERRY PRAWNS WITH CHORIZO

Difficulty level = Easy
Cookng time = 10 Mins

INGREDIENTS

* Two table spoons of Olive Oil
* 300g of Chorizo
* Pack of King Prawns
* 1x Pack of Carmargue red rice
* 1/2 Red Chilli desseded and finely chopped
* 1 Garlic Clove - Crushed
* 100ml Dry Sherry
* Splash of Lemon Juice
* Some Parsley
* Salt & pepper

LETS COOK

1) Heat the oil in the pan. Once its hot add the chorizo, fry until the red oil seeps out. This will form the basis of our sauce.

2) Boil a pan of water or use your rice cooker and start cooking the rice.

3) Whack the prawns in with the chorizo and fry until they start to look cooked.

4) Now add the chili , the garlic, salt and pepper and the sherry. Cook on a high heat for about 3 mins.

3) Add the lemon juice to chorizo pan and cook for 2 mins.

4) Serve rice onto a plate and top with the contents of the chorizo pan. Throw some parsley on top and eat. Lovely......

As a warning I cooked it the night before last and we had well too much for two which was cool as I had it the next day but maybe scale the sizes down a bit if you dont want too much.

Good luck Beaver !!!!

DtS

Last edited:
do you use the thin slices of pre-packed chorizo or do you buy a chunk and cut it into lumps?

Can I use Billy Bear sausage instead of chorizo to make it fun for the kids?

product-5653994.jpg

Remember, the first taste of any meal is with the eyes.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say I finally got round to making the Risotto yesterday and it was luverly! Can heartily recommend it to anyone else out there, only thing I would say is I think the chorizo might be better in smaller pieces, maybe that was my interpretation of the word "thick" slices though! I did add an extra 100g of rice and about another 200ml of liquid (mainly wine!) though and it fed 5 of us for lunch, 2 for dinner and still left a generous portion over for freezing!

Am I the only one missing DtS's recipes?

Just wanted to say I finally got round to making the Risotto yesterday and it was luverly! Can heartily recommend it to anyone else out there, only thing I would say is I think the chorizo might be better in smaller pieces, maybe that was my interpretation of the word "thick" slices though! I did add an extra 100g of rice and about another 200ml of liquid (mainly wine!) though and it fed 5 of us for lunch, 2 for dinner and still left a generous portion over for freezing!

Am I the only one missing DtS's recipes?

Wait till you try my steak meal!

Back