• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Morning All,

After the relative sucess of last weeks Dave's easy cooking to impress the Mrs or bag the local bike please find enclosed week two's efforts.

Gnocchi Grill Pie.

INGREDIENTS

* Pack of Gnocchi (Enough for two people)
* Pack of Meatballs (You can buy meatballs pre-made in most decent supermarkets or make your own)
* Pack of Mushrooms (Sliced or diced)
* Tin of Sweetcorn.
* Jar of Tomato type pasta sauce (I recommend Napelese or Arribiata but pick one to suit your taste.
* Pack of Mozzarella (Break into small chunks)
* Fresh Basel. (Chopped finely.
* One large red or white onion. (Sliced or diced)
* Splash of Olive Oil.
* Garlic clove.

METHODS

1) Whack the Oil in pan and heat. Once hot add the ,meatballs, onions , mushrooms & garlic into a pad and cook until they all start to brown. At the same time boil some water in a pan.

2) Once all the food in step one is cooking well whack the Gnocchi in the boiling pan - It wont need long - 3/4 mins at best. Mighr be a good idea to turn the grill on now to heat it up.

3) Once Gnocchi is cooked drain it. Add the pasta sauce and sweetcorn to your meatballs mixture and let simmer for a few mins. Once gnocchi is drained mix it into the pasta/meatballs etc mix and cook until boiling.All should now be in one par bar the Mozzarella and Basel.

4) Add the entire contents of the pan into a heatproof dish and spread evenly. Whack your mozzarella which should be in chunks ontop of the gnocci/meatball mix and put under the grill until the mozzarella bubbles.

5) Serve with a bit of fresh basel sprinkled over the top. Max cook time is about ten mins from start to finish and costs is less that say £7 for two.

Not quite as tasty as last weeks but a nice alternative to a Lasange......

Good Luck

DtS

Dave = Delia Smith :D

Sorry chap but this food Nazi dosen't count using pre-made sauces as "cooking!"...

Dave, in Method sections 1 & 3 the words pad and par appear. Should these both be pan ?

Good spotting Ken,

Anything Pan looking be it Pad and Par should = Pan.

Sorry - All reciepes and measurements from memory so spelling errors may occur.....

Dave = Delia Smith :D

Sorry chap but this food Nazi dosen't count using pre-made sauces as "cooking!"...

that's a bit snobby.. pre-made sauces are both economical and can be very tasty... i've got an italian deli up the road and the sauces and ingredients you can buy are amazing

Sorry - All reciepes and measurements from memory so spelling errors may occur.....

Slightly worrying that, just wait for the first recipe that appears saying "add spoon of arsenic powder" rather than garlic because DtS is remembering it from memory!

that's a bit snobby.. pre-made sauces are both economical and can be very tasty... i've got an italian deli up the road and the sauces and ingredients you can buy are amazing

Yeah I'm not going to disagree with you about me being a foody snob!

However I make a wonderful roast tomato sauce with natural organic ingredients, but I don't want to steal Dave's thunder here.

PS: Garlic - crush it up with a bit of salt and it draws out the flavours....

However I make a wonderful roast tomato sauce with natural organic ingredients, but I don't want to steal Dave's thunder here.

That would require extra effort though!

This kind of recipe is ideal for those people who want something quick but don't want to eat rubbish from the freezer...

That would require extra effort though!

This kind of recipe is ideal for those people who want something quick but don't want to eat rubbish from the freezer...

Yep! I can't argue with my food Nazism! I think nothing of spending 1 1/2hrs in the kitchen after work though, 'cos I love it.

After 8 hours at work the last thing I want to do is spend an hour and a half cooking stuff, so quick and easy is the rule if I am forced into cooking...

Stir frys are a big favourite as they require little preparation.

However, if said cooking involves cakes, then I put no time limit on it.
mmmm. Cake.

For me the problem of Jar sauces is the extras usually found in them, as a parent I need to limit what extras my little 'uns consume. So if I am in a rush and I need a tomato based sauce, then I dig out the Passata and just add extra Onion and Basil for Napoletana or chilli and garlic for a arrabbiata.

Back